Calling All Dragon Egg Owners!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I've never said the mods aren't trying to make the place better....
    I'm sure the Adventure Mode you are doing will make sense...
    However, this wasnt done as a community - it was decided by the powers that be to do it...
    Although, I'm sure it would and will be welcomed - lets not pretend that KribJong still rules.
  2. This was done as a community. We've been asked for AGES to bring back a way to fight the dragon and get more eggs. We did exactly that. Just because we want to give the community a fun surprise doesn't mean you have to be upset. Again, this won't affect you if you don't want it to.
  3. i like it with the dragon eggs but that gives too much dragon egg to the community wouldent the price drop and wont be that rare
  4. While keeping the egg valuable is _A_ goal, it is not _THE_ goal. the main goal is to provide a fun and exciting experience to the community, and BUILD the community.

As I've said previously, we will tweak the properties of the experience as we learn from it, but our #1 goal is the fun and building of the community, and if that means impacting the dragon egg prices more than originally intended, then that is a sacrifice we are willing to make.

Dragon Eggs will likely still be worth more than 50k each, but its up to you, the players, how much you want them to be worth.

Demand will be high, Supply will likely be a lot lower than the Demand... and anyone who understands basic economics knows that is a sweet spot to be in.
    M4nic_M1ner, mba2012, pat2011 and 5 others like this.
  5. Oh I agree, the community asked and it got it...

But let's call a spade - a spade. 5 eggs turn into 100 = why bother now? I havent seen the result yet... and in fact I probably will like it... but again I've NEVER cared about/for the econ. structure.
    The 'game' of the dragon egg may not affect me at all - yes... but again instead of using say sponge (which would be equally as kewl to have) - it as decided that hey... lets take some special object and well make sure everyone can have one.

And Aikar, I'd love to debate economics but I fear I might scare small children... yes supply vs demand - great....
    govt. issued money and free 3100r... I still call it KribJong redux.
  6. That's all that's really important. :)
    Mystul and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. I don't understand, are you upset we gave players a bonus to repay for the troubles thats been caused?
  8. I think what they are saying is.....
    Jimmy mcmillanfhctjc.jpg
    But i personally like the idea:)
  9. Well the thing it was decided by the community because the people who don't have a dragon egg will now have an easy chance to get one, I will not sell any Of my eggs as I personally don't want everybody having a dragon egg. Apart from the reason that I log on to see around 7 people asking for a dragon egg in inbox.
  10. And I'm not trying to cause an argument I'm just expressing my opinions on thIs
  11. I like how the dragon egg is rare right now. I'd would prefer to keep it that way. It makes it more exciting for when one goes on auction and everyone throw bids at it to see who wins. But I guess things will have to change at some point
    battmeghs and RoBoT_ChIcKeN_66 like this.
  12. Is the egg offer still on?

EDIT: owner just go sell it or do they have to send private conversation with staff?
  13. We have the buyback shop on the SMP1 /spawn point on the corner of the res. Just have to sell it like they'd sell anything else. :)
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  14. One thing I'd like to point out, is the way people are going to get the egg isn't going to be easy. It's going to be very difficult with lots of exciting battles. Also, It's not giving everyone an easier chance at the eggs, it's giving everyone a FAIR chance at the eggs.

Look at it this way. Do you think it's fair that a person who REALLY wants an egg couldn't get one simply because they weren't online the day one of the first SMPs launched to try and battle the dragon? This isn't really a situation of debating us making it easier or not to get something in the game, we're just making it possible. :)
  15. why yes, yes it is
    MR2R2M likes this.
  16. If every one will have a dragon egg its price will brake to 10r!!!!!!!
  17. But not everyone will have one...
  18. Nicely said although I still do not like the idea, I spent 2 million rupees on an egg so it would be an achievement, as soon as I joined EMC I wanted the egg so bad, but hey I realized I had to work hard , and yes that is what I did, the dragon egg is probably the rarest item on EMC? Am I correct? It is an achievement I couldn't of even dreamed of and he after 180 days of work it payed off, yes I do agree it is unfair, but it keeps it rare, I liked turning up to 1111 to see 4 or 5 people admiring the egg, running around it, it was also something to attract attention to me and faithcasters shop. But am I not getting the hole point of it? Are you just setting a bunch of dragons set in. The end or are you trying to increase the population of the egg by giving the owner 20 more?
    I'm just confused, the way I see it I don't like it, but hey, 1 against 40,000 people is no fair battle and so im not going to go out argueing with the staff and players, that's just immature, I'm just going to leave my reasons here and wait. My opinion :)
    mba2012 and southpark347 like this.