ARK - Survival - EMC Players

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aikar, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Good thing the volcano is safe =)
  2. Hi Big Davie!
    I was on over the weekend and I got a notification that PTerry was killed by a 92 level hawk. Not sure where this happened. Was he at your base or did he get lost again? I haven't seen any hawks near your base before. We have tracking nodes, if you want to put on your pteranodon and I can give you tracker which will show which direction he is and how far he is.

I fed both of your dinos over the weekend (they really didn't need it) because haven't seen either of you join lately, just in case. I also fed the main base dinos. I think I will put a generator and Frig in at the main base with a bed, so I can fill it up with berries and meat, so I can just go there quickly via bed to feed them periodically because I don't know if anyone uses the main base anymore.
  3. I would if i had time to play :p feel free to take my dinos to your own base to use until i ever get a chance to come back
  4. No problem. I will keep them fed for you until you can get back. The game has be changed a lot over the last month. You can even build platforms and buildings on the back of Brontos now.
  5. I was with him at the time. I was 2/3rds through taming a 108 hawk when I was attacked by a flock of hawks. Not wanting to lose the tame I kited them away, killed them all but Pterry took a lot of damage. Returned to the tame only find it being attacked by another flock. I should have cut my loses and left them to it but I really wanted a good high level bird so I grabs aggro again but this time I hit bad lag and Pterry is killed along with the tame. I took my vengeance of the remaining hawks grabbed the saddle and looked forward to a long walk home. I was able to scavenge enough resources to make a sleeping bag and a chest. I stored all my stuff and fast traveled back to my base. Once I was safe I rage quit for the night.
    haastregt and CadenMann like this.
  6. That really stinks. I saw that your hawk died yesterday also. I flew to your base but didn't see anything. It was killed by a bug so it must have been farther way.

A high level hawk is really awesome. We have 2 hawks over 200 and they can kill anything except a high level alpha Carno or mid to high level alpha T-Rex. Since they fly and can carry a lot, they are a dino that is a necessity. The other great thing is if you take too much damage, just fly away and force feed it meat to quickly regain health and then fly back into the battle. They fight and do a lot of damage when you are fighting with them (i.e. riding them). On their own, they don't attack as well and seem to take more damage.

Next time you plan on going out to tame a hawk, let me know and I will come with. Taming is much much easier with 2 people especially in hostile areas. We usually bring materials and build a building around the dino. We have several stego eggs so we can make Argentavis kibble which makes the taming go faster and also results in higher level. We tamed a 120 lvl hawk and used only kibble and when it was tamed it was lvl 170!
    haastregt likes this.
  7. I had just tamed that one and it still hadn't got its first level. I was on my kitty and had the hawk following on passive (it's total health was dismal). Since I was ground based it flew close to the ground and got caught in some trees. A couple of raptors attacked which I swiftly dispatched but the carcases brought bugs which made light work of the hawk's remaining health.
    The only problem I had with the tame is my kitty was not getting a lot of prime meat. I did get sufficient to have a fully prime meat tame, just.

Took a look at the elevator and it takes a scary amount of resources.
  8. So BigDavie got me a mammoth today (still thank you :D), and that was great, so I went out to the swamps for fast wood and crafted alot of building materials.
    Then, the second server restart in an hour came by, and I had to updat ark and rejoin. By the time everything finally did what it had to do, I got the message that I was killed by an alpha raptor (and so was the mammoth)
    I'm quite sad, because she was a great dino for farming wood, and I also lost the saddle, building materials and all my good tools and weapons.

:(
    Patr1cV likes this.
  9. Sorry to hear that. :(

If you'd like I can hop on now (or later) and quickly help you tame another.
  10. Now that Ive repaired me Laptop that can actually handle Ark, I just have to get $30 (I wish I knew about the weekend it was free >.>)

Soon...
    I shall start my Terrifying Army..of Frogs.
    haastregt and ChickenDice like this.
  11. My frog is a killer, it can go head to head with a rex (highest killed was a 108) and more importantly it will wreck bugs. The only things I don't like is that it can't attack whilst moving or swimming.

Lost my perfect tame Argie to a couple of alpha raptors. Was taming a 120 wolf and was keeping it stocked up on prime. Saw a pair of alpha raptors (lvl 84 and mid 30's) and decided to see if I could take them on. I easily killed the 30ish one, the 84 required some backing off to force heal but was able to take it down eventually. Now I had plenty of prime for my tame. Unfortunately the prime spoiled before the tame completed so I needed just a little more. I went back to where the alpha's were (was lots of Argies and sabres there too) and found two more spawned alphas both lvl 32 but mate boosted. While attacking them and killing their raptor/sabre/argie posse I got a little bit of prime. As I was needing to heal up I decided to kill two birds with one stone and top up the tame's prime and then heal my argie. I thought the tame was far enough away that the raptor's wouldn't follow. About five minutes later I was off my bird and in the wolf's inv screen and I hear the distinctive raptor attack. I exit the screen only to be presented with my argies final moments desperately battling the alphas. To her credit she damaged them enough that I was able to kill both before they killed me. The tame never survived. Lesson learnt, Alphas are vindictive and will follow you some distance to attempt to eat your face.
    607, haastregt and cadgamer101 like this.
  12. Thanks alot for the offer,
    It happened just before I went to sleep so I didnt see your message anymore.
    I think we are in different time zones, but I somethimes see you in the morning (for me). I'll just look for one myself, and when I see you on I'll let you know :)
    Thanks!
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  13. Hi Haastregt!
    ChickenDice and I have a medium level Mammoth we are not using, you can have if you want? It is just sitting around doing nothing and we would be glad to air drop it at your base. It has decent health and melee. Let us know. We have a bunch of extra dinos also such as anklo and Doedicurus, if you need any of those also. Come on down to Chicken's used dinos. We have a deal for you! :p

Also we have tons of X-Plant seeds if you need some. You just create a large plot, fill it with water once, add fertilizer and plant the seed. It takes a day or two to grow. It is self sufficient after that except every week you have to add another fertilizer. The rain keeps it full of water, no need for irrigation. Then set it to high range and attack anything and it will keep your base safe. Put them down in pairs and they will kill anything that is not part of the tribe that gets close to your base. We have several and they have taken down everything from high level Rexs and even an Alpha Raptor.
  14. Sounds great :)
    What would you like as return?
    I dont really mind anything except for underwater stuff and pelt (and some things that are hard to get in high quantitys like oil or cementing paste) :p
    Patr1cV likes this.
  15. Right now we don't really need anything. You don't have to give us anything but if you feel you have to give something, then anything is fine. Those dinos are not being used, so you are doing us a favor by taking them (so we don't have to feed them). :) I will drop off the mammoth tonight at your base. The new bird Queztl can pick up mammoths and can carry them while they fly. If you want any of the other dinos, just let me know what you want. Also let me know if want some x-plant seeds. They are easy to get now in the swamp and we have tons.

Also, if you go the Volcano, there are a few anklo's there and in minutes you can get tons of metal, so help yourself. There is some extra metal in one of the boxes also. We went mining up there for 30 minutes and ended up with enough metal for 1,200 iron ingots. Bringing it back takes awhile though. We have this training of hawks we use that makes it a little quicker. Bird #4 -> follows Bird #3 -> follows Bird #2 -> follows you only your bird.
    haastregt and 607 like this.
  16. The bird conga line is quite satisfying to watch, kind of like a ribbon in the wind.
    ChickenButler and 607 like this.
  17. Sounds like you're all doing great on here! :)
    haastregt likes this.
  18. If anyone is able to come online now, please help me out :3
    My brother got ARK too (about a week ago) but he still isnt in the tribe. I still decided to help him with taming some dinos and stuff, but that didnt work and for some reason every dino became my property. So I decided to temporarely leave the EMC tribe and create my own together with my brother untill we got in the EMC tribe again, so that I could help him. Little did I know, that all my dinos were not really MY property, but EMC's property. So, I am unable to use any of my dinos :(
    (oh, and I am far away from my base and cant use my dino to get back now :3)

EDIT: luckily Chickenbutler just joined, so I am saved now :p
    Patr1cV likes this.
  19. Hey guys,
    so today I am at my father, and I decided to still try to play ark on the 'bad' computer we have there.
    not a good choice, the computer crashed when I was on my 168 pteranodon in the tundra :,)
    So I went on a rescue mission with my argentavis, and the sreen went black again.
    I dont dare trying another rescue mission now because it crashes faster now, but my pteranodon is still out there at around 30 lon 30 lat, and my bird at about 40 lon 32 lat (yep, I was almost there when it crashed :p)
    So if anyone has nothing to do (or is just a very nice person :p), could they please try to get my bird safe? Thanks alot :)

Luckily we already planned to buy a new computer (tomorrow even), so I have good hope lol
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  20. I've found your ptera and brought him to safety but no luck with your argentavis yet. Did you make it to the arctic area before you crashed on argentavis or were you still in the mountainous areas?
    607 likes this.