ARK - Survival - EMC Players

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aikar, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Looks, like the server crashed.
  2. It's back up. I should learn to wait.
    607 likes this.
  3. I lost a dear companion this weekend. My beloved Saturn was viciously and horribly murdered by a pack of sabertooths. Although I got my vengeance upon them, an eye for an eye, it did not bring back my most beloved of all dinos.

You always seemed at home in the sky, Saturn. Maybe it's where you will find peace.
    MagisterDelirus likes this.
  4. I am going to request that Aikar increases the tame speed multiplier as all it is doing is forcing us to devote time to watching a dino sleep.
    Any objections?
  5. I object!
    I dont even play this game =D
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  6. Thanks Davie for taming (I'll get you some narcotics again when I make them :))

To add another post of losing dinos: Here is my story

I was flying on my pteradon (for me the dino I use most) searching for a raptor to tame. I saw one and took my spyglass to look what level it was, and when I wanted to take it away and pressed E.
    Never press E when flying
    E is for opening and closing chests
    and for riding and getting of your dinos
    So I fell down and died :/. When I got back there to get my stuff and hop back on, there were about seven raptors trying to eat my pteradon, and once I got close they would all run to me and kill me, but they were slightly moving so I eventually could get at least my stuff before I got attacked. Then I tried using my spyglass to hop on my pteradon on a distance (a little cool trick) When a Rex got behind me and ate me :)
    Then after a couple more tries I had to go to school and I was so pissed that I just stupped before I was going to punch my screen (wich is new; I got it yesterday btw :p)
    So of course it isnt fun to lose your stuff (I had my norco-arrows; my best armour and already made the raptor saddle); but what I am even more sad about is losing my pteradon, It was alot of effort to tame her and get her sadle. I believe she is still alive getting chased by Raptors because she is flying just to high for them, but I lost track where they went and the raptors are a very good protection against me, so I dont think I am going to see her back :(
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  7. Either the deformed mess wasn't my trike or it somehow became reformed but I have my trike back:D.

Now I have got to the fabricator engram I need oil. I've been killing crabs for oil but they only drop a couple rarely. How deep in the ocean are oil deposits, do I need a sea creature and saddle?
    haastregt likes this.
  8. It really helps to have a sea creature and saddle. An ichthyosaur is good since it is fast but it can't fight very well. If you dive deep, you will really need a plesiosaur or a strong megalodon. Having a pick that has high damage is also good (get more oil from each oil deposit).

You also need to have
    1. a high oxygen value - Mine is 300.
    2. Make some Lazarus stew - slows your oxygen usage.
    3. Get a scuba tank, mask, and fins. Makes it much easier to find it and you can stay down for a very long time. If you can get me 20 iron ingots, I will create a set for you. The fins allow you to move quickly in water. The tank loses durability as you use it but it can be repaired in the fabricator.

There is some oil near your base in the ocean that is not too deep but you have to go to the very bottom of the ocean to get a lot of oil at once.
    607 and BigDavie like this.
  9. Aikar has upped the taming speed to 4x so hopefully we can get some good tames going.
    JMB6362 and 607 like this.
  10. YESH
    after halfly taming a stego I got kinda anxious :p
    Patr1cV likes this.
  11. haastregt likes this.
  12. That is a very useful link on taming times. Kibble really speeds up taming time and maximizes the taming efficiency which means you get more extra levels when you first tame them.
  13. I was flying around the west coastline earlier today and came across your Pterry (lvl 71 pteranodon) amd took him back to your compound. :)
  14. Cool, he flew too high for me to whistle, again battling bugs. Since found out you can whistle via telescope (makes perfect sense, not). I had to leave game so I left him to survive on his own. When I got back with another flying mount I could see no sign of him and assumed he ran out of stamina, ditched into the sea and became shark chum.
  15. What if he BECAME the shark? Nature is scary like that.
  16. If it wasn't for riders getting dismounted when flyers touch water Pterry could easily take on a shark. Pterry is my goto dino for killing spinos and t-rexes that threaten my base. The barrel roll attack is a bit OP and no doubt it will be nerfed the next update.

I have set up a metal mining outpost in the crater of the volcano. There is a forge for smelting your metal, a smithy for repairing your tools and a mortar and pestle to create spark powder to fuel the forge. What I do is fly up (with a couple of other flyers as mules) mine everything I can see, dump all the metal into the forge, make as much spark powder as I can and cook the metal. I then dump all my gear into my personal storage and fast travel back to my base (via bed that is also there) and do all my routine stuff (feeding dinos, harvesting and fertilizing crops, restocking fertiliser bins and craft narcotics). By the time I have done all that I can fast travel back to the volcano collect the now forged metal, the crystals and the obsidian and fly them back to my base.

New Venice tribe has an ankylo in the crater, they are welcome to use the forge (if they can). I aim to have our own anklyo too but I am waiting for my dilos to lay eggs.
    JMB6362 and BurgerKnight like this.
  17. If we need a Ankylo at the volcano crater, I could send one up there later today if you want. It may take a few hours for the long haul, or I could tame one quickly near the mountain if needed. I've been boosting a birds weight to over 500-700 and will send one up later on for others to borrow.
    BigDavie likes this.
  18. Me and Butler actually just took Metal Eater to the mountain with the red obelisk a few days ago. Anyone that can access it is more than welcome to use the anklyo along with the forges/mortal & pestle
    BigDavie and JMB6362 like this.
  19. ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
    The update on friday 25th sept will add new biomes (swamp and snow), however the devs have said that structure built in the areas that will be converted to these biomes may be destroyed.
    I guess blue area will be snow biome and the green swamp.

I would suggest if you have any valuables stored in these areas it would be best to move them elsewhere.
    607, MagisterDelirus and haastregt like this.
  20. Really ark... Balance dieing in this game... or I am going to quit for real somethime soon
    So I was flying around the map, and quite a way from my base (any base, actually)I landed to get some food because I was out and didnt notice it so I was almost dead. A group manuras came by and killed me, and went after my pteradon wich was on passive so she doesnt fly in circles all the time. So... I went on a rescue mission and I died just before i got back again.

Before spending another hour trying to rescue things and find out it was hopeless because everything dies, I just stopped for now. And I lost my 3rd pteradon again, wich I just like my other two didnt even use for 5 times yet lol

(I find having these kind of problems way to much and because of that ark is the only game that got on my nerves...)
    Patr1cV likes this.