Youtube buys twitch.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by generalfelino015, May 18, 2014.

1. generalfelino015 likes this.
  2. That's monetization, and that has nothing to do with sponsership. YouTube no longer does sponsership at all, but when they did you had to have 10,000+ subscribers and get 2k+ daily views. Now days anyone who makes a YouTube account can get monetized by simply getting a few subscribers, which allows you to put ads on your videos which means virtually nothing. Even if you after purely the profit side of things, YouTube pays about 1 penny per 1,000 views, so even earning that means nothing.

You still need to be sponsored, which can only happen through 3rd party companies now like Machinima for instance, to unlock all of the features of YouTube. Things such as custom thumbnail pictures for your videos, mass uploading, and instant HD when you upload (doesn't take up to 45 minutes for HD to be available, for sponsors it's instant HD right when you upload).
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  3. Confusing? It is no more confusing than posting here. Type message and click post.
  4. Microsoft is just as equally intrusive with their universal log-in... It is required to use Windows 8. ;(
    Don't forget your password, otherwise no desktop access. I hate tiles so I installed Pokki and 8.1 as soon as I could...

Posted from my Android OS tablet. Hahaha
    Oh well, no escaping the giants of ecommerce...
    mba2012 and generalfelino015 like this.
  5. why would youtube try to buy you
  6. A Microsoft account is not required for windows 8. You can use local accounts.
    Twitch1 and generalfelino015 like this.
  7. I am pretty sure it is only a rumor...
  8. Just a word of warning; never partner with those guys :p They steal your money and offer no support for channels, while also taking credit for other's work. Also, they place ads on videos even if you don't want them there.
    SnowyBearr likes this.
  9. Yeah I was just using them as an example. xD
  10. Now that I have fast internet again, I was able to find this out... The fights my wife and I had when I bought her new computer could have been avoided after all.... Oh well, makes logging into Skype a breeze for her now though. :)

I guess you are not aware of the joke with my name and Twitch.TV - I was nicknamed Twitch during my first deployment to Afghanistan in 2007, 4 years before Twitch.TV - Justin.TV was released in 2007 as well... However, I win. :p
    jkrmnj, mba2012 and generalfelino015 like this.