Yikes... problem!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Justiceinacan, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ironic, considering my signature, but my PC is running Minecraft like absolute crap anywhere that isn't multiplayer. Which kinda sucks when you're trying to build something.

Basically imagine it like this ; having 2000 ping on a minecraft server but not being connected to one. Everything is immensely delayed, and nothing really behaves like it should. Wondering if it's a software thing as minecraft's specs aren't all demanding (my sys : AMD FX-6300 4.7 GHz, 8 GB DDR3-1866, AMD Radeon RX 4 something something I forgot... think it was 470 or 480 anywho...)

Can't tell if windows / java updates had much to do with it but it's running abnormally bad...
  2. Lag like that is usually a problem with your network, not the computer itself. I don't really know what the problem would be, though, because Minecraft seems to be the only game in existence that can have singleplayer lag like that.
  3. Have you tried a clean folder with no mods?
  4. First: please post stuff like this in the Help & Support forum. It's not as if you're in trouble, but it's my well meant advice because you'll be much more certain to attract the attention of helpful players this way (at least it'll be somewhat obvious that you need help).

So multiplayer runs normally, singleplayer like crap?

Does this only manifest itself with Minecraft or also other things? Have you double checked the health of the HD on which your Minecraft resides?

Second.. What the others said: is this a vanilla setup or one with mods? If so: those mods could cause issues also.
  5. Check a few things. This seems like some kind of input lag. Check for any processes in task manger you don't recognize that are chewing resources. Also check you only have ONE antivirus. Adding more than one just adds more overlapping protection layers, which do little to make you more secure, but add more layers software must go through.It could also just be mouse acceleration or something. Check your mouse software if you have a fancy mouse. Sounds stupid but you never know.

My money would be on a background process that is going wild
  6. 1. Yes, basically.

2. No, just minecraft, oddly. My SSD benches above average read / average write speed. It's got 70 / 250 GB occupied, and the other 3 games currently on it run very well and load as fast as my RAM lets them.

3. It is a very lightly modded setup (Optifine HD + Waypoints) and switching to vanilla helps a little bit with the issue, but it's still not comfortably playable.
    A lot of them seem to be Windows based apps. On average my CPU sees ~50% usage and 2-3 GB of RAM used, with a spike up to 80% CPU when first loading the world. I don't get if minecraft could be limiting itself in usage?

Yes I have only one Antivirus active at a time.

My mouse is a generic CM Storm Devastator. Pretty sure that doesn't need software..?

Thanks for the help so far. It's appreciated.