xp balls grouping together and giving less xp per mob

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Tehwafflez, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, most things are up to date. I just have to revamp the threads as I now have my own board for mod review/request accept/deny :)
    Dynamic Lights 1.2.4 is not playing nicely with the Optifine (98% complete) 1.2.4 model...
    As I feel Optifine is a core mod, I am going to write the DL author to get him to fix his as Optifine is crucial and DL is just fanciness.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  2. cant wait dude

good luck moderating the mod request thing dude I think your doing a great job and putting a lot of working into it!
  3. Wow. :D
    I saw Justin on TEXP with 180000 XP. so I thought it was him. haha :D

EDIT : LOL It's gone :confused:
  4. Yes I know, but the new smp1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, utopia and the old 5, 6 and 7 eggs are not owned by players, that's still a lot of eggs :) Perhaps I should have said all the eggs since the dragon was removed could be on display in justin's palace.
  5. He can spawn as much egg as he want, If he want. ;)
  6. According to my information the orbs which are droped have different values. Say a mob grants 5 ep, it always will drop 3 orbs 2 of them will have the value 1 and 1 of it will have the value 3. I could imagine the new system can't track those values and it depends on the first orb (or in a even worse case it is always 1) what value the orb stack has.

So it could be that the first orb has the value 1 and all other which are getting added have also the value 1 on default. Even though some should grant 3 exp. But sometimes it could happen that an orb with value 3 is first so in some cases it seems that it works on average and in some it doesnt seem like that.

Just a hypotheses though.
    ignoramoose likes this.
  7. makes sense could be a bug 0.o
  8. This wouldn't explain people getting the correct amount of XP killing one mob at a time. My grinder doesn't work very well and I always kill them one at a time, and each mob only drops one XP orb (since the update) but each XP orb seems to be giving the appropriate amount of XP. (I haven't measured it, I don't have a mod that tells me how many XP I'm getting, but the bar seems to be going up the same rate as it always did)
  9. That would be a counter argument thats right.
  10. Ok, got my xp counter updated:

Ok, what you see here is my CSP file where I was testing HUD changes.

I have in my top left:
    Current Seed
    FPS
    Level:
    XP earned/ XP needed
    Selected tool
    HP of tool /Total HP of tool

Center:
    Days passed since starting map
    Sun/Moon - Tells me for when I am underground if I can sleep.
    Current Light level of area

Right Top:
    Rei's Minimap

Right bottom:
    Status effects

This is how I will be doing a comparison of exp between SMP and SSP.

Ok what you see here is my SMP HUD. I am playing on smp7, standing in my castle wall.
    I currently have earned 42 XP of the total 227 XP needed to advance to level 64.

What I am showing here is my base level. What I will now do is go out and kill 1 pig in SSP and 1 pig in SMP. This will show if we have any differences in XP drops. I will do this for a total of 100 pigs each client, if I find any differences, I will post my findings. :)
  11. I'm liking the HUDs you have. Are they in the Mods list.... I may be just missing it. :confused:
  12. Preliminary findings show no differences. Still the same 1-3 xp per animal so far... I have never used a grinder, so I am not familiar with the xp generation method but it does seem plausible that you are getting some of your XP reduced in an effort to improve performance on the server by bundling drops... I am sorry if this inconveniences any of you but there is not much that can be done without offsetting with more lag, and that would require downgrading code in the name of the XP which I feel should be adjusted to function without dropping the orbs at any time....
  13. They are in fact not yet listed. Still in testing phase, but the results are good so I will be making them public under the new MOD board. :)
    Just have patience, I am still trying to decide on a final design for the layout which is what I am going to begin working on after I watch and return Tower Heist. ;)
  14. I love that mod, and really would want it. Obly prob i see for me though is Fraps always has its FPS stuff on top left screen. Hopefullt it will have options too. Example, all i would want is the xp gained/togo and the tool points. Great mod tho!
  15. You can move the fps about on fraps so you could move it to the bottom left corner :)
  16. The same amount of XP is dropped, but they are now grouped together to save on CPU. I tested this a lot and even when I killed the enderdragon it grouped into a single orb but gave me the full XP.
    apamment and nmanley like this.
  17. That's good to know. Least now I can blame my variation of xp to normal server related stuff. :p
  18. Murderer
  19. Wait, does this item grping thing mean i can finally build my 6 story 60x60 wheat farm?
  20. alright cased CLOSED if a mod could close this much would be appreciated :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.