World's loneliest server

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by bugalugs50, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My my :)
    battmeghs and Spenser6 like this.
  2. battmeghs likes this.
  3. Then one will have nothing but strangers...
  4. I don't have use there for fireworks :( unless they gave the use/ firework flag I can't :(
    Sand gens= illegal - that's already been sad though.
    As for regenerate wild, it's happening tomorrow.
    As for people not talking to you, probably just a bad time where the server is empty/ everyone is in wild.
  5. Okay, I can see that defensive responses are mainly all I can expect rather than this server's capacity to genuinely change for the better. You could learn from what I have to say. I was very near other players, I was on the right channel, I needed their help...badly. I begged for help. They did not reply. That happened in Utopia and the smp9. I'd had enough by then. I did get a reply on smp9; one word: 'weird'. Lovely.
    Now the thing is this: I'm not some lonely nut looking for company. That was less of a concern, I am a pretty independent player. But your servers really are trashed and you need to do things to improve that, for your own sake. There's a lot you can do. I run private servers for kids, I know what can be done. I'm looking for a server for myself to play on with adult conversation and not have to be admin. But I get how much work is involved. I have a Craftbukkit, a Tekkit, a Mindcrack and an Ampz server for the kids - go figure, I get what it's about! But when I suggest a sand farm, I suggest you look at Cubeville and see what they do (you can't look at mine, they are private servers). And their melon farm. Both are brilliant ideas. I have a treecutting mod also on mine; no wastelands for us. And smp9 was just craters! Provide a railway to shift diggers away from the central focus much more easily, then they'll scatter. They otherwise won't go far for resources. It was almost impossible to move around for falling into holes! Horrible!
    These are simple suggestions easy to create with world editing mods, which obviously you have. And also (see Cubeville again), a heart for each of your worlds, in the form of the server's own shops and facilities, a sort of 'city centre' where players will tend to go to fetch things and say hi in person - you really need that badly! So I hope you take these suggestions on board, because they are well intended and I hate to see all your efforts just resulting in ugly places. Try to understand that the aesthetics of the game are important too, not just resources. Utopia lacks that beautiful sunrise and sunset. The other servers lack just about every aesthetic feature that mine craft worlds have to offer - and the reason I love them. There's not much of beautiful or homely in a plotme wasteland. Sorry, but you really could do much better, and I hope you do. Goodbye. I've found a great server now, so I'm happy.
  6. Ouch.
    Well, if you really are leaving, then good luck with your new server. I will consider what you've said and think of projects for EMC that will help improve the community. I didn't mean to be defensive; I just wanted to give some advice and state that my experience has been different from the one you described.
  7. Well, everyone else has answered all of your concerns, I would just like to make up for the lonely login and say Welcome to the Empire! :)
  8. None of this is the point. You don't need mods for sand regeneration; just a sand farm that you replenish from time to time. See Cubeville for how. And you don't need mods to create railways to get resource seekers away from the central area. The point is aesthetics. Who wants to build on a bare towny plot? See Cubeville; it's for kids, so I don't want to play there, but my kids do. It has maintained the aesthetic beauty of mine craft. Even the kids want it to look beautiful. You lot seem to be focused only on resources and the economy... good luck with your popularity rating then! I've found a server that gets it. I wish you could, as I'd love to go to have a multi-server site that also gets it. I've seen quite a few in my search, but they all seem to have lost sight of what draws people to minecraft mostly. And they have few players, very empty places... I'd prefer to play in singleplayer than on yours. Sorry, but I'm saying this because you really can do this right. And I know how. But I can tell you won't do it. Good luck.
  9. Alright, welcoming feelings of niceness now retracted. -_-

We just celebrated 60,000 + members, so come again as to how we are a lonely server? And people have built amazing things on their "bare towny plots," some of the most beautiful things I've seen in my 3 years of playing Minecraft. Sorry about the warzones around spawn, but part of running a big server includes not being able to control all the people who take advantage of our wilderness. If you log on tomorrow, you will see that our admins just reset the warzones. You definitely have not come here with the right attitude, but this is an amazing place, and if you don't like it, good day to you sir, and goodbye.
  10. Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great time so far :(. Hopefully you do stay around and get to know everyone and have a better experience. Most of us feel the same way you do as far as the cruddy looking wild and stuff but we're also told "It'll be fixed when we can get to it." If you're looking for a server that doesn't have as many "kids" on it you could try SMP5. We have a pretty mature group there I've found. It could also have depended on the time you were on.
  11. It does seem like our type of server is not for you based on your own findings. We're a survival server that prides in our players being happy in finding and working for their creations. While I do understand the "benefit" (especially on a server for children as you kept bringing up) of having it be on easy mode and things handed to you, that's not what we are and who we strive to be.

We plan on actually bringing on more adventures, quests, and a bit more difficult survival aspect to EMC as we grow, and it seems that we just don't have a match with you. I hope the server you did find fits you better than we did. Best of luck. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.