Woodland Mansions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AncientTower, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Question about Woodland Mansions.

Has anyone stumbled across one without a treasure map?

If not I think i have a theory. Now I'm just out in the deep wild for the fun of it. I've passed by some huge Rooftop forests. Each time though I go back to /map to view the area and there is no mansion.

I'm thinking if not one person has found one with out the help of a treasure map. Do they exist or are they generated into a spot only after activating a treasure map.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I think they can spawn but is rare.
  3. They spawn with the generation of the land. They are already there, the treasure maps just points to it. But should never see one on the /map since those areas were already discovered and they only spawn in new undiscovered areas. And if you do see one on /map then someone's been there :
  4. I have gone many of thousands of blocks with a map and have found many roofed forests but as of yet have not found one. Kind of a drag.
  5. I feel your pain lol I've been to 10 mansions now and each one is a journey. From my outpost, through undiscovered area, it still was 15k away lol
  6. So you've been looking in the frontier. I've been looking in the waste.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Yeah, in my own world using the new /locate mansion command ;)

The (villager) maps have really nothing to do with it, it's merely the seed which determines if one spawns or not. And although I don't know for sure I assume that the developers simply used the same technique to locate one if you 'activate' a map (using the /locate command).
  8. Ya the wild because there was an issue with maps leading to Mansion outside the borders of the waste. Not sure if that was fixed or not. But given the small size waste and how far these things could be apart, I'd think there wouldn't be many of them.