Winter

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Feb 19, 2020.

?

Do you like snow and ice for a few weeks per year?

Yes, I like both. 7 vote(s) 36.8%
Only snow. 5 vote(s) 26.3%
Only ice. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, I prefer experiencing neither. 7 vote(s) 36.8%
  1. We have our first snow of the year. It has not stuck around on much besides grass, cars and roof tiles, though. Still better than nothing. ;)
  2. The snow disappeared quickly, but I cycled to the train station in a hailstorm (not really a storm, but that is apparently the English word). That was cool too. :) It made the ground white and it made a nice sound when I cycled over it. Also, whenever a hailstone would hit my bell it would sound. :p
  3. Out of curiosity, how far is your cycle to school?
    607 likes this.
  4. Thanks, that was a mistake. :p I didn't cycle to the university, I cycled to the station so I could take the train to uni. ;)
  5. I see! Continuing on, how far is the cycle to the station? I'd imagine maybe ten kilometers? I wish our roads here were safe enough to cycle, I greatly enjoy it, but rarely get the option.
    607 likes this.
  6. A bit over a km. :) I decided to continue on to the back of the station though, where my preferred bicycle storage is, which brings it up to 2 km. Also, almost all of the route is downhill. :D (hills are very rare in the Netherlands, but I happen to live on one ;))

Unfortunately, for the rest of the day it just rained again. :( No more hail, let alone snow.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  7. No snow no hail no rain no sunshine

8. If only all that rain would've been snow... ;) It would probably cause issues with public transit... but that might have been worth it, for me. :p
  9. I think I should just give up on winter at this point, and enjoy spring...
    So I'll try! :)