Will pay for boss mobs!

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Extendingskys, May 12, 2020.

1. Hi all! In a flash of inspiration (And also looking at some of my old notes on enraged mobs and bosses), I have a pretty good idea of ways I can possibly abuse some boss mob mechanics. But it's pretty difficult without a boss to do it on.
    For that reason, I'm looking to pay you 10k rupees if you find a boss somewhere in the frontier not too far from a spawn. Preferably not aggroed onto you.
    I need as many different types as possible to do some experimenting on them and try a few different abusive things on the different types. I think I might have a way to make a pretty powerful farm if I can get one of my ideas work, so think of the greater good :)
    Sprhyngtime likes this.
  2. Bosses despawn after like 9 hours I think. Even if you did capture one to abuse, it wouldn't stay forever.
  3. 9 hours is a lot of time to farm. Also, I have found ways to initiate/predict boss spawns for certain types, so if I can figure this out for all types and then also figure out the other desirable mechanic I'm working on, then we are in business.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  4. Probably best to avoid anything with the word 'abuse' in it :p
    Sprhyngtime, Pab10S and jacob5089 like this.
  5. It's not abuse, it's a creative use of game mechanics
  6. Please tell me Marlix is not part of this. I cannot stand to even be around it lol
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. Does it exploit a bug?
  8. Haven't gotten to test it yet but in theory I'd be exploiting what I believe is an oversight in the boss mechanics. EMC stealthily breaks/removes a lot of vanilla mechanics so I'm just considering it to be taking a new mechanic as replacement. Hopefully it's still around because I first discovered it before the update to 1.15. TBD I guess.
    jacob5089 likes this.