Wild traps

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by darklands99, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I really like the Iron Blocks idea Bob. Some one has already started destroying/stealing both the iron and golden rail I laid to help us get to our project. I just hope no one takes it further.
  2. i saw, but i dont think it was greifed... they didnt steal all of them, like the ones at the start, just the ones from the middle on, maybe it was greifed but who knows. hey maybe taht can be it! rails, redstone, and stuff like taht cant be greifed!
  3. Can I ask this which would solve this probolem , couldn't justin make it so that when you protect a chest it makes a small protected land for force field around it to stop people from grithing, and I can't see how the trap isn't allowed as it would state they are about to walk into a trap that will kill them, so then they are doing it by choice so that Isn't pvp
  4. I hate to sound fatalistic... but I don't even report griefing any more. It's not worth it, and it's not worth building anything in the wild worth looking at either. Several thread topics and too much first/second hand experience with it make it clear that
    a) Almost nothing can or will be done about griefers.
    b) Mods can't really help you with it unless you can get them there to witness it first hand, or if you get screens. And even if you do get some screens they have to be incredibly compelling in order for mods to act on them.
    c) You're right (OP), there's no way that you can monitor your stuff all the time. The only way you can really protect it is to hide it far, hide it deep, to /map hide to disguise yourself, and to not make anything nice enough that it exhilerates griefer pukes to destroy... I really think there are people out there that grief all the time, taking most of their pleasure in the game from it.

I especially hate it when there is rudeness mixed in. Of course, there is usually a sign dropped blaming somebody else. What sucks is when they leave one telling you "nice place" or something in that order.

Traps? PVP. If you use them, you risk ban. But I do understand how you might think it'd feel sweet to catch one of these guys.

The only advice on catching somebody I would give is that if you actually see somebody in your place checking it out, then you can probably brace yourself for a grief in the near future. Sucks, but every time I catch somebody going throug my stuff, I can catch them coming back to grief. I ran a bit from my place after scaring somebody away once, and I hid on the map, and they were right back in less than a minute checking all my chests and killing my animals.

Nothing can be done about it though. See a lot more hacking lately, too. Flyers especially. Sucks. I don't hate them as much as griefers though. I hate griefers.
  5. Flyers?!?!? I hope not on emc...
  6. that would be boss
  7. i was griefed liked 1 week ago and dang did he use vulgarity on thre signs he put up
    newo88 likes this.
  8. well luckily, since i dont build in the wild much, i have yet to be greifed majorly on EMC. sure some blocks disapear, but not many. (and by blocks i mean stone brick, not endermanable stuff)