Why not an Adventure Map Sever that Changes?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Dynamicz34, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Yes, I think this is just ment for fun, not for earning rupees
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Well,It's almost basically the same concept, Adventure Maps servers that changes each week/monthly. The only new thing here suggested.. would be the rupees prize.
  3. We're not trying to make history with this idea.
  4. I dont think it should be "reset" ever 3 hours because thats no enough time to finish some adventure maps.
    But i think it should be restarted ever 3 hours to reduce the lag but i dont see why we need auto-restarting ever 3 hours on an adventure map... but that way everyone can keep there place and items in the map after the restart.
    As i first posted i thought the map should be changed ever week. If it is changed every week then it givies everyone a fair chance to win and get there rupees...

that is a good idea actually
    I think we should keep the prices low so people cant play once and luckly get 2 diamond that are worth 50r.
    if diamonds are worth 20r that way theres no way there going to get higher numbers like 150 or 200
    i would think the max we want them to get is 100.
    Should be something like this
    Iron = 2r
    Gold = 10r
    Diamond = 20r

I think the rupees prize would just be a little extra thats why it wouldnt be a lot.
  5. Like I said before, it would need to be reset periodically to allow other players to experience it properly from the start. It's like the dragon in the End all over again; once it had been killed nobody else could go in and try. This would be the same scenario, except by resetting it regularly people can come in at a later time to attempt it.

Of course adventure maps come in all sizes from short and sweet to long and epic. As an average, I think three hours is perfectly reasonable, but it's just a placeholder number.

There would be no need for players to keep their position and inventory between resets, that would defy the point of an adventure map.

I also said the map should be changed every week or even fortnight, but once again it needs to be reset regularly during that time. Otherwise someone would just go complete it and for the rest of the week all anybody would be able to do is walk through the map looking at the aftermath of what that player did.
  6. why not have muli worlds so theres teams of 4 working on each of them.
  7. I actually don't know if multiple instances of the same map can be loaded onto a single server. So instead of town, wilderness and nether, the server would have instance one, instance two, instance three and so on.

Player limits per world/instance would be another topic of discussion, if discussions even got that far.