Why I'm Not As Active Anymore (And Am Glad For It)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 607, Nov 28, 2021.

?

How much has changed in your life since you joined EMC?

Not a lot. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Quite a bit. 9 vote(s) 69.2%
Hardly anything is the same. 4 vote(s) 30.8%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

When I had got back into EMC in mid 2013, I felt that I would be here for good. I found a great place in a great community, and knowing that I loved forums in general, I projected that I would be a regular on this forum until it would go down completely, or I would become physically or mentally unable (by death or otherwise) to participate.

Throughout the years, I would occasionally read a thread from someone who 'moved on' from EMC, because they got busy with college, or other things in life. I thought this would never happen to me, because I knew that due to my autism I was often exhausted, and EMC was a great place to relax. After a busy school day, I couldn't spend the evening doing homework or working on a big project, as I was overstimulated and needed rest, which EMC provided. I was rarely from home in the evening, as I didn't have the energy to do more after school. So I had time for EMC.

But to my great delight, it is different for me now. I am currently studying one course in university and teaching (as an assistant) another, and am rather active in both a study association and a student's association. I am away from home on average three evenings a week, and on Thursdays I spend more time out of house than in. When I do have some spare time, I sometimes use it to check up on EMC, but other times I decide to play piano, or work on a personal project, because I want to do that more and have the energy for it. When I'm with family, I prefer to spend the time with them instead, and I don't need the time for myself after a day spent together as I used to.

That is why my activity on EMC has decreased more than EMC activity has in general, and why I do not mind. :)
    But I'm still here! :D
  2. I think that with how community-centred EMC is, there is a real guilt like no other surrounding leaving or becoming less active. It's even something that I have myself, considering the last few months where my internet access has been pretty bad and I've not been logging on too often. I'm glad you've found a positive outlook on this, because I think a lot of people who leave end up not having that. :)
  3. I love everything about this post, 607!
    607 and ChespinLover77 like this.