Why are you changing you name (or not)?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pyro_vampiress, Nov 18, 2014.

?

Are you going to change your user name?

Yes 13 vote(s) 39.4%
No 13 vote(s) 39.4%
Undecided 7 vote(s) 21.2%
  1. Im not changing my name for one reason...

Empire Minecraft isn't Empire Minecraft without The Shalom!!!:p:)
  2. I have a very memorable story of my name which dates back to before I even had Minecraft. I couldn't imagine being anyone else but NetherSpecter, but my alt? Now that's another story, the name was originally a joke passed between me and a few friends but since I no longer hang out with them I could see myself changing it to something else.
  3. Every time I see your name, I have to remind myself what an apostrophe actually is. Ever since my coding classes, you have become a single-quote to me. :p
    TheApostrophe likes this.
  4. CommApostrophe. I win :cool:
  5. Thanks for everyone's stories and replies! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been busy!

In any case, I'd like to share also. You see, my name came from a Halloween party I went to in my teenage years, dressed as a vampire. There were some adults drinking adult things in the backyard near a gigantic bonfire, and I was there doing my teenage thing, throwing random party scraps into the fire to see what would happen. One of the drunks, and older man I think, thought it was hilarious that a vampire was playing with fire. He asked if I was a pyro... and there isn't much else to the story. When I was home at some later point I needed to create a unique username for something, and I thought that pyro_vampiress was pretty high up on the unique scale. The only account it has failed me for was Gmail. Someone obviously stole it lol.

In the end, I am no longer a teenager; I am no longer obsessed with vampires or throwing things into a fire. I want to change my name into something that fits who I am now.
  6. From now on I shall call you Rosey.