Why are people so stupid?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MigrantMove, Dec 18, 2012.

?

This is to prove a point: Are UFOS proven to exist?

Yes. 9 vote(s) 34.6%
No. 17 vote(s) 65.4%
  1. there are many places that have high levels of security around the globe, many places do this in order to keep their ideas secret, it could be military but is probably not aliens or ufos as there is no proof
  2. Area 51 is a secure military testing facility for new technology like stealth bombers and things of the such. It has to be heavily guarded to keep the technology secret. Like when one of our planes or choppers goes down in war, we destroy it so the enemy cant copy our design. The whole alien thing is just a real as "Honey Boo Boo"
  3. Thats why I said its 'said' to have them in.

Bit like the RAF base in UK what knows when anything takes off or lands around the whole world?
  4. It's like plausible deniability. If the president dosen't know about it he cant lie about it. But there are no aliens.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. i am saying that your friends where wrong in the fact they were saying that ufos were proof for aliens as they were misunderstanding what is meant by the term ufo however as ufo means an unidentified flying object this makes it obvious that they do exist as anyting that is unknown is said to be unidentified and therefore if it is flying is a ufo, however these ufos normally have perfectly normal explanations and therefore do not prove aliens or the end of the world
  6. Stricly speaking UFO's do exist. But then they are indentified.

Without uncontestable proof that they either do or don't exist, people are going to form opinions and beliefs on the information they do have. Just look at our media. We've got superheroes, space aliens, ray guns... They are things that might be possible and it spurs people's imaginations and hopes. I get that.

We've recently had another thread with a different subject(religion) but a similar debate and I'm surprised to see some familiar faces here that don't understand this yet.

Given the number of stars in the universe and the likelihood of habitable planets orbiting them, I'd like to believe that there could be other living beings out there. Statistically, it's very likely. Whether they've been able to develop technologically to a point where they can travel to earth is another matter. We've not been able to figure it out, and I've often wondered if we'd burn ourselves out before we ever manage to colonize another planet. Chances are that if other beings exist, they've encountered similar problems to those we have.

Since I was a kid I've hoped that one day humans would be able to travel between stars and find new worlds to colonize and explore. To boldly go where no... um never mind.

There are a lot of strange things in our world and things we don't understand. There are some things, like the mayan calendar thing that I think are a little silly, but I think I understand why some people believe what they do. I don't think there are sasquatch either, but there are new animals discovered everyday, so I also accept that there is a possibility they might exist or at least once did and if someone believes they exist more strongly, they are welcome to go out searching for them, but I won't.

Same with extraterrestrial life and UFOs. You can't prove that they do or don't exist. You can prove that based on what we know that the chances are good that they might and this gives people hope that they do.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. looks like you shut everyone up :p and proved the correct point
  8. Some of my friends texts.
    U just wount belive us cuase we haveaactuall proof
    Itsw called youtube. you should watch it
    And we have video proofof ufo's

Honestly [NAME WITHELD] we have proof you dont bryce and me dont care what you say cuase we [NAME WITHELD] proof and u dont
  9. I understand where you are coming from. I once spent a lot of trying trying to convince a fellow juror that handheld laser guns didn't exist like in the movie he had just seen. Although we're getting there, guns that go pew pew and shoot beams that instantaneously make holes aren't here yet.

But without proof either way, it doesn't matter Sparer. Let it go. You'll live a longer and happier life.
  10. Other species probably exist in our universe; but I don't think that they have ever visited us. The other species would live so far away that they would have to use faster than light travel to get to us in a reasonable amount of time. As we all know, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. And I highly doubt that they are smart enough to figure out worm holes.
  11. Actually Area 51 is just like ur plain old aircraft test site except its secret.
  12. I actually just stopped texting him. It's driving me insane. I know I won, the poll results (here + Real Life) favor me. The results are 21 Me, 5 Him.
  13. I bet thats were they store data about nuclear aircraft or spy stuff like the ussr's ekranoplan photos.
    varkz likes this.
  14. No need to fear - eklektoi is here ... I will clarify everything shortly so far for everyone:
    • UFO's
      • Unidentified Flying Objects
        • Yes, they do exist (It is something (aircraft, meteors, satellites, etc... that have not been identified by locals, government, or individuals, and claim them to be strange)
        • As for them being Aliens... Aliens is a term that means (outsiders) ... so if i'm in Italy... and a spacecraft from Canada flies over my head and I don't know what it is until later ... it is therefor an Alien UFO (As for outer-space Alien... the closest we have reached is 7/10th of a googleplex (our quantum space) for lifeforms of our own intelligence to be made... however the universe is not that size yet ... so none can therefor exist.
    • The Mayans and the world 'Ending'
      • Religious Context
        • I'm no religious expert, however I do remember when I used to go to a Church they said 'No man knows when the world will end, only God knows' ... into more context if people think the world will end on the 21st, that's going against religious context and it shouldn't end on the 21st cause people will expect it - and it will be a day least expected.
      • Scientific Context
        • Science, apart from religion, I know a bit more: I typed a part of this in another thread - it is quite long ... here is the link HERE
    Don't over-analyze this ... worrying about if the world will end or not - is not good for your health ... just enjoy everyday ... forget this (Crap) ... enjoy your Holidays ... and have a Merry Christmas (Hanaka, Kwanza...)

-eklektoi
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Dang you beat me to it. But there is a difference between UFOs and Alien Spacecraft.
  16. Okay, I mean alien spacecraft. Did I really have to clarify that?
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. We had to go into technicalities.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. *Does not read anything*

*posts this*

mba2012 likes this.