Who Killed my Trapped Blizz Ard at teh SnowGlobe in /wild E

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by cubefragment, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Can staff tell me who did this, if not can you find out why they did it? :mad:

Aracerer likes this.
  2. might be best to grab a staff in game, if any are online ? they'd more immediately see it if you ask them there :)
  3. Not sure if they can track killing a mob. Maybe if they broke other blocks. As for the why, they most likely wanted the drops.
  4. I don't believe killing trapped mobs is illegal unless they broke your blocks to get to it.
  5. Every Blizzard I Had trapped is gone. The 3 on the top of my outpost Mansion, the 1 in my witch farm and all the others I had trapped, and haven't had a chance to move yet.
    Aracerer likes this.
  6. Not sure either, but I remember back with a mooshroom cow incident at PWU on 8, they were able to conclude it was killed from mob damage or something, rather than a player. Not sure if it was mods that checked, or someone higher, though. but yeah, best to check the blocks around it ( if there were blocks trapping it / caging it beforehand or afterward ), and ask if staff can investigate.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. Sorry, your Blizz's are gone Cube. Hope this matter gets resolved.
  8. I also wouldn't rule out the option that they weren't killed but merely despawned. Aikar also mentioned something to that extend on another thread, where an outpost owner was a bit sad that his trapped Momentus had disappeared. That too (if I remember right) turned out to be an issue of despawning.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  9. Momentus is custom boss, Blizz is custom mob
  10. Well in the past Beacon killed Qkazooo's slime and received a ban for it, so it is, depending on who the player was in this scenario.
  11. If it hasn't already been figured out / if someone hasn't already told to you, I'm coming to believe that, actually, this could be a despawn / removal issue, as someone stated ( though they were saying this bc of despawning minibosses ;; custom mobs generally haven't despawned like minibosses 'til now ).

Perhaps it has to do with whatever bug / issue was causing Marlix and boss mobs to bug out earlier -- or any custom mob was removed to fix whatever issue was going on with the boss / miniboss mobs.

The reason I say that it could be a different issue / that it could be something along those lines above -- an issue other than a player killing them -- is that out at an outpost of mine and a friends, we had a Blizz, as well as like, 8-10 Super Turkeys caged. All blocks were protected, including the ones they sat on. Yet, all of them -- the Blizz and the Turkeys -- have disappeared. No one could have gone around these or tried to work through it to kill them, because we made it grief-proof for the reason of keeping them as pets.

I did a check in a few other areas I knew had caged custom mobs like us and you, also full of protected blocks. And, from what I saw, all of them were gone.

So, sadly... I'm coming to believe that they're all just gone / that it was not a player-killing-them sort of issue.
  12. Which smp and when roughly did this happen?
  13. This is a despawn issue, as John has already stated. All 8 of my Blizz Ard's and 3 of my Super Turkey's out at my outpost have just gone *poof*.

This is rather sad =(
    JognKid likes this.
  14. Smp7 wild e and out at my outpost, seems this is not a player issue killing issue, because every single blizz and super turkey are gone just like John said.

Happened either late on the 2nd or early on the 3rd.
  15. Not true, event mobs do not despawn as far as I know. Checking out the pet blizz at our outpost now, but I believe it's still there. So this is a bug, or someone griefed it somehow.
    Edit:Yep, that blizz is also gone. So I take back my comment about them not despawning... at least that's not ruled out as a possible cause, could still be a bug.
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.
  16. I know event mobs do not despawn, generally -- which is why i said that custom mobs haven't despawned up until now in that post.

But yeah, I made the assumption that all of them would be gone, after checking many areas.
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  17. Marlix, Momentus, and Enrageds are supposed to despawn I believe, but event mobs shouldn't.
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.
  18. This has to be a bug. I just went to my outpost and my trapped Blizz is gone too.

In fact I'm not even getting a Blizz or Super Turkey's being around in x amount of chunks. The wild Blizz Ards are gone too.
  19. there was a bug in the despawn code that affected all custom mobs, that is likely what happened here.
  20. #aikarsfault