Which is your favouite retro game console?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by honam1021, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I got it in 2007, so it counts as an Original... maybe. (just with a higher capacity hard-drive and a spartan finish.)

Though I did end up breaking one of my N64s, that was because I was an idiot back then. :p
  2. not to correct you, but its just called "Xbox" if its the original :)

:EDIT: Is that the one your talking about? or just the earlier 360's?
  3. When the original Xbox360 came out, I got one just as the guy was putting the first of them up on the shelf, and I still have it 5 or 6 years later and it is working great.
  4. I'm not completely if it's the first 360's or the Xbox. All I know is that one of them was known for the red ring of death.
  5. SNES by far. I have this game emulator called Dingoo Digital, basically a GameBoy Micro, and have all my favorite SNES Roms on it. It is pretty awesome, costs like 100 Dollars at Thinkgeek.com! One of the best purchases I have ever made. Plays Gameboy Advance, NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Gameboy Color, Gameboy, CPS1 and CPS2, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket and more. Plays video and music and has a MiniSD Card slot capable of holding over 100GB of content, system by itself only 4GB. Really check it out, I got Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Breath of Fire II, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and tons more. I got pretty much every single GBA Rom I could find. Anyway my favorite retro game system in the Super Nintendo.
  6. AMEN!
  7. I still play "Joust" on my Atarii every now and then when i feel like unboxing it and connectin to play oldie style...
  8. Speccies weren't a console!

Also, I've got four of them and over 1800 original cassette games.

:D
    apamment likes this.
  9. I never had a console growing up, closest thing was a TI-99/4A http://oldcomputers.net/ti994a.html (we had the beige model) it took cartridges (and tapes) and we had joysticks, so it was close to a console. Cant remember the game name but you were a mouse and you had to collect cheese in a maze without the cat catching you. hours of fun :)
  10. Sounds like an Old pacman =P

And btw talking about old.... I remmember playing a snake game in a commodore64 was the shiz!
  11. Meh, it was a console to my 5 year old self. :p You are right though. I was upset when I lost the cassette insert for Jet Set Willy and couldn't play it any more because I didn't have the colour combinations.
  12. I liked the NES, my cousin had one :) My favourite was a Ducktales game something like TMNT: tournament fighter.

Nintendo_spresso.jpg
    (Yes, I have made this picture myself on GIMP, and yes, I know there is an N64 logo)
  13. When I think retro I think like Atari and Colicovision (spl?) and arcade games. But I'd say I loved the Sega Genesis, who didn't like NBA Jamz?? Scotty Pippen all day!
  14. I had one too. I can remember the mouse game but not it's name. Did you have the speech synthesizer add-on? At the time it was amazing to get understandable speech from a computer.

My favourite console was the Sega Dreamcast. Sadly poorly received. I only took interest when it stopped being supplied in the UK and could pick up a bargain as stores where clearing their shelves.
  15. Nintendo 64 forever!

Jaguar? Not so much
  16. Tough question as there are so many good ones and I own so many...hm.
    I just recently bought an original GameBoy and am loving that so far.
    I play Pokemon Yellow in it as of right now.
    Other than that I think I have to say SNES.
    I would play Donkey Kong Country for hours.
  17. Grew up playing Atari with my older brother. Man did that thing suck! Ever heard of ET, you know the game they buried in the desert, yeah we had it, and it was as bad as everyone says.
    I LOVED my NES. Still have it, still play Mario 2, Mario 3, Duck Hunt, Dr Mario and a few others.
    By far, my favorite retro console was SNES. I still have it proudly displayed next to my 360, Xbox, PS2, PS and NES. Mario Bros was AWESOME. My friends & I wasted quite a few afternoons playing Ken Griffey Jr Baseball, NBA Live 96 and NHL 96. Oh and freakin Donkey Kong Country.
    kong.jpg
  18. Going to have to say the SNES. I did love the NES and some of it's classic RPG's (FF1, Dragon Warrior) but the SNES was by far my favorite.
  19. They had some pretty good RPG's on SNES. I played Illusion of Gaia a lot. Brandish, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore, Eye of the Beholder, but my favorite was Breath of Fire. I played that game so much.