When is EMC going to update to 1.3

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dynamicz34, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Please understand that until Justin has a reliable internet connection, he will be scarce within the community but he has also taken an a step back from the forums and allowed his staff to handle this for him. Jeremy is the community Admin. Justin is the code Admin. We all have our own roles to play here in the EMC community. ;)
  2. Watch Dogma.
  3. Watch Notch troll and makes the height 258 :p
    oidgod likes this.
  4. This actually gives me an idea. Rather than spending hours every day going through "unban me lolzzz PMs", in order to open himself back up to the community, perhaps a sort of EMC change blog would be cool for him to try to do. It'd be a place (locked to responses) where he could post some updates about what he's doing, where to find him if he can come online for a few minutes, updates about the empire, his opinions on big issues in the community, etc. Thoughts?
  5. That one hasn't been updated by Justin himself, but Jeremy has been his liaison for this in his absence.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/happy-birthday-emc-1-3-wild-reset-feature-updates.12384/
    I know what you are looking for is a bit more personal but we have grown quite large over the past year and that option has become less plausible for Justin. He is overwhelmed with everything on his plate. That is why he no longer accepts messages from players. :)
    He used to get over 200+ notifications and messages per day and would have spent his entire waking moment reviewing messages rather than updating code...
  6. I am a moderator on two other sites, and we have been told not to update until Bukkit is able to complete a stable build for the servers to work off of. They already have the coding and are working very hard on it to get it out as soon as is humanly possible for them to do so. Please don't get your knickers in a knot saying that we need to update instantly.. As of when I checked Bukkit has not completed a stable build as of yet, but I haven't checked in a few hours. As soon as the Admins have the stable build, you will know as it will give an outdated server error when you try to connect a 1.2.5 client to a 1.3.1 server.. <,<
  7. Yea, I know about the notifications, and the amount of work he has. That's why I was suggesting a blog-type thing instead, and hopefully adding Aikar to the programming staff will make something like that a bit more possible for him :) Either way, he does an amazing job keeping EMC up and running, as always.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. I know what you mean. :) I am sure once he gets his stable internet and living conditions he may do something in the spirit of what you are asking. I can't guarantee this as I do not know Justin on such a personal level as to be able to distinguish his potential habits, such as blogging or tweeting or even Facebooking... :)
  9. I haven't heard much about cb++ but its out of commission. I wonder what Justin will do about spigot.

Edit: nvm as it seems afforess continued developing :p
  10. They removed him in 1.8 -_-