What is everyone planning to buy during the Steam Winter Sale?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xHaro_Der, Dec 22, 2015.

1. I'd be willing to call the servers stable at this point, but boy is the sale atrocious.

There are no flash or daily deals this time, so whatever the price is for something right now, is the price that it will be for the entire sale and it won't go any lower.

I cannot see a single title on my wishlist that is at its lowest price. This is pathetic. Steam sales are meant to be when at least most titles hit their lowest price and you go nuts and stock up on games to last you until the next sale. I'll only be buying Super Meat Boy this time and it's not even the price I wanted.

This sale is horrible.
    ReptilianCat likes this.
  2. Undertale
    Hack RUN
    CSGO
    CS
    FNAF 1-4
    Black Mesa
    ARK
    Rocket League

Yeeeah
  3. And yet, I still end up feeding Valve's pockets. How can you resist?
  4. Should I buy portal 2 and undertale?
  5. Yep!
  6. And also without an actual development team since the game focused on getting it to work on the PS4 and laid off the dev team...

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (I finished Fallout 3 and want Broken Steel, but other DLCs on top of that won't hurt :p) at £5 (It's £5.09 :p).
    This War of Mine at £5. (Also £5.09).
    Mount and Blade: Warband.
    Possibly Besiege if I have the money to cough up.

I got Mass Effect already (mum used my money to pay for Netflix by 'mistake' and is giving me my money back today or on Friday...) but refunded it the moment I first played it. Unexplainable 5 FPS is not a playable experience :l

I'd also buy Undertale to see if the legends of it being 'the best game ever' are true, but the humour doesn't really appeal to me and the whole thing is very JRPG-y, which I'm not a fan of, so we'll see...
  7. Only thing I'm planning to get is the only thing I want. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World.
  8. Well, GTA and Just Cause haven't gone down enough to interest me, but Mad Max is very cheap at the minute. Not sure if I want that though >_> I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy anything at all at this point :p
  9. I have to say this, don't get super meat boy. It's the most frustrating game you will ever play. Ever. And I've only ever watched other people (fail to) play it.
  10. As an owner of Super Meat Boy on both PS4 and PC I can successfully say it's a good kind of frustration. It's the same type Hotline Miami gives you: the frustration builds up until you complete the level, and then you feel like you've achieved something - which is what games are for :p

Not for the children, though. Not because of the frustration, but because of the 'themes' (I don't know what to call a gimp ninja...) in it.
  11. I'm getting an Awp HyperBeast Field tested instead of any games
    I won't play any of them and I might as well get something cool
  12. I've played the flash version before, it was really fun. I just wanted to get the Steam version to have it in my library, but to me it was a fun challenge.
  13. Undertale would be nice, but it'll have to drop at least 50% before I go for it. Same with Ori & the Blind Forest.

I did pick up Overlord "classic" pack, because at $5 for both Overlord 1 & 2, plus the expansion, it felt like an absolute steal (and I love dark-humor goofiness like that). Definitely go for it if you've got an extra five bucks kicking around.