What ever happened to the 2017 EMC survey?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by triphora, Jun 19, 2018.

1. There was a survey in 2016, but not one in 2017? I'm sure one would be appreciated now, mid-year. I'm not attempting to be aggressive, but it seems a lot of people feel like EMC isn't the community it used to be and that EMC's overall quality is decreasing. Multiple people have left due to this. I'm aware of multiple people reaching out to multiple different staff, with no solution. I feel like the survey could help the admins look through us, the player's, point of view.
    Staff, if this thread gets out of hand, please lock it.
  2. ^ let it be noted, that is no excuse for anyone to post something that would be considered out of hand.

Sounds like Sydney4363 wants this thread to stay on topic. Please respect those wishes; forum disciplinary actions are always on the table ;)
  3. *moves thread to ground from hand* Is this considered out of hand? ;) (all bad jokes aside)

I feel like a survey would be good to see what can be approved seeing as I've been around a "few" years and have noticed some stuff lacking but others doing great! Rupees I feel are in too much "supply" and items are in even more supply (bulk wise) so prices have dropped. In my opinion things may never be the same from one person point of view, It could be just that people are no longer interested and are "blaming" it on the community lacking but it could just be themselves lacking interest.

I've seen plenty of faces come and go friends are hard to see go. Although there have been more and more new faces recently and a LOT less old faces I could look at my list of 90+ friends and a lot of them are derelict or just hop on to protect derelictism. Some are protected permanently and some have lost everything. Whatever the case may be I will say that there are an increasing amount of people joining along with the select few leaving It's just a matter of opening your eyes and seeing whats going on.

This is all -
    Sefl
    RainbowPony likes this.
  4. You wouldn’t dare! :p
  5. Noting that I generally focus on the dev side of things. Other than the possibility of it getting overlooked or too busy at that time of year, my guess is that there were no pressing questions to poll the community about "at the time". Very possible that has changed since.
    Side comment, it is very difficult to put open-ended questions in a survey, as they are tedious to process/measure - and then could require a follow-up survey to the original survey to get real data measuring how widespread a certain perspective/opinion may be.

So my point (coming from a senior staff member that is less hands on with this aspect of the community), imo it matters little what happened with the 2017 emc survey; but what would you each like to see on a mid-2018 survey if we were to publish one?
    With that being said, past indicators have shown that there are some very loud personalities on the forums (and internet in general). Meaning it is very easy for certain issues to appear widespread, when the core issue originates from a rel. small minority. Solutions should find a balance when approaching these situations.
    Sydney4363 and RainbowPony like this.