What do you think about "immature actions"?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tazri, Sep 23, 2012.

?

What do you think?

Immature actions are sometimes powered by boredom 28 vote(s) 63.6%
Immature actions are always powered by boredom 6 vote(s) 13.6%
Immature actions are age-related 10 vote(s) 22.7%
Immature actions are not age-related 21 vote(s) 47.7%
Boredom has nothing to do with immature actions 6 vote(s) 13.6%
Other... (Post your oppinion) 8 vote(s) 18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I said I was 18 because I really wanted to play here, and other servers banned me for being 11. I turned 12, and then EMC made it so you could sign up if you were 12 (some users have their age as 12). I asked Justin to change my age, no reply.
  2. Ask IcC instead, he is the person in charge of that.
  3. I just sent him a PM :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Yeah PTHagaard's desire to move quickly didn't stop him from breaking rules either. ICC breaking his own rule doesn't make it not be a rule.
    What about all the 12 year olds who would like to play here but don't because they aren't old enough and decided to wait another year? Would their behavior be more, or less mature than someone who lied about their age to get what they wanted?
  5. Are you saying I should leave for a year?
    EDIT: I as in all the 12 year olds and under.
    mba2012, alex_jacob and SoulPunisher like this.
  6. Even better than that is Guy Cocker (he is an editor at Gamespot UK).
  7. Lol. Sorry. :D
  8. It depends, I act silly sometimes, I can be serious too, It depends on boredom, not age.
    I lied about my age because I wanted to play EMC, I got rejected from all other servers because I was 11.
    Cchiarell6914 and Kman122000 like this.
  9. I actually show that I have no care for people's lives because I didn't let a law about killing stop me.
  10. Voted all except number 5 for obvious reasons.....
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  11. Age = Maturity
    That assumption needs to die.

Immature actions are always driven by factors. You can be the most mature person out there and still do something that is considerably immature. What are these factors? Some can include things like..
    • Does the immature actor have a grudge against someone or something?
    • Who does this immature actor hang out with and how often?
    • Has anyone ever taught the immature actor right from wrong?
    There are plenty more factors. These come off the top of my head in conversations such as these.

For example:
    Let's say I hung around people who swore profusely... Now I know personally that it's not the right way of being, but because I hung around them for so long, there might be times where words just slip out without my caring.

You see, I might think or write in ways that seem beyond my maturity, but I act like a 5 year old.
    Why?
    It's fun.
  12. im only 12 but i lied about my age because for 2 reasons 1 i always lie about my age just for saftey reasons and 2 because i didnt notice it said i had to be 13 or older
  13. I personally think that most "immature actions" or "rule-breaking" is driven by laziness, however some off youse made some decent points.

e.g. Rob... Advertised his "site/servers?" in EMC PM's because 1. He was bored, 2. He hates EMC because he got banned here (after breaking the same rules he enforced) and/or 3. He is too lazy to allow the time, dedication and work on his servers for them to set off, so he tried to feed through us. Same goes for everyone else that advertised their servers on Empire Minecraft. :)

Excuse me if the facts are wrong, but it's the principle. :)
    Cchiarell6914 and mba2012 like this.
  14. Don't make me leave.
  15. No one is leaving, don't worry.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. I have mixed emotions on this discussion. I believe you shouldn't lie about your age, but I also understand with the safety thing. I personally think it doesn't matter your age and maturity matters. Age DOES NOT equal Maturity.
    Kman122000 and mba2012 like this.
  17. Last bump...
  18. I really have to agree with "Immature actions are sometimes powered by boredom"

A lot of the time in real life when you are having a sleepover (overnight) and it is 2am in the morning someone comes up with a really stupid idea. Why? They are bored. The same thing applies here, it is 2am or maybe it is the middle of the day and someone gets bored so they do something stupid.
    mba2012, IamSaj and Cchiarell6914 like this.