What defines non-monetary scamming?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jkjkjk182, Jan 9, 2015.

?

Do you support the newly increased /shop prices?

Yes! 24 vote(s) 58.5%
No. 17 vote(s) 41.5%
  1. Easy Parkour is easy if you know how
  2. Scamming is this: One guy says "Hey, I'll give you 13k rupees if you give me that Holiday Candle." You give him the Candle, but he doesn't give you the 13k.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. It doesn't have to be rupees. It can be anything for anything else. But that was the basic idea.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Who is the owner of the res? Maybe he made it. If we do /res info we can find out who had the build flag. If they do, you can assume that they helped build it.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. I wonder whether Dancer will be gone the day we update to 1.8.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Whether it's scamming or trolling: If these people are genuinely able to demonstrate that it is impossible without breaking EMC rules than it should be shut down or the owner should be made to prove that he's not trolling. It is not good for the Empire to let trolls do their thing so freely. It's been pretty constantly advertised in town chat for weeks.
    On the other hand, are you sure you all are going the right way?
    jkjkjk182 and marijn2552 like this.
  7. Dancer is already gone. So is the other promos.
  8. Well well well, ITzJL won it, so much for it been impossible :)
  9. Unless there is some special condition I missed (I didn't), that jump is still impossible. As I said before, it must have been a server issue or glitch.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  10. I would most certainly say that it is impossible, first of all. I have seen other "scams" like this.
    I also agree in the sense that it is scamming to say that it is possible to do the parkour if it is not, it is a huge waste of time. People (at least me) spend lots of time on parkours. There was one about a year ago that no one could beat. I spent about 6 hours on it over the weekend and eventually won. The prize was I believe 10k, a beacon, and some promos. I started this one, and noticed the cob webs. I don't like cobwebs in my parkour so I left this one. I did notice however the head trick, but the sign said not to say it was impossible so I didn't.