Welcome to SlowKinggamer's Channel

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by IronicSwordPlay, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Episode 37 is up, This is the first video of emc I did on 1.8 :D

2. Here is a short episode 40 showing of the start of our new outpost. (More will be coming soon.)

3. This is the final episode of Stick Wars. This let's play is now complete! :D
  4. Thanks a lot for your comments and support of my youtube channel. I think that we EMC players should stick together! You have been great!

My channel is G rated, that is my only reason to limit linking you. Not everyone wants G rated content, so don't think I am trying to tell you to change what you do. You seem to have a good group working on videos together and a good history of creating content. These are the hardest things to get, so you are well on your way.

I want to offer constructive comments because I think you could see rapid growth if you could resolve a couple of issues.

Frames per second: I know you know it needs improvement, but it REALLY needs improvement. It looks like you are already using minimal settings on graphics, so I'll skip that. This tip helped before I was able to purchase a little better hardware. You may have overlooked the idea of simply reducing the screen resolution of your pc. If you have the screen set to 1080p and reduce it to 720p, it can reduce the load on your system quite a bit, but only marginally change your view. I suggest you try (if possible) and see if there is enough FPS increase to make it worthwhile.

Sound balance: I constantly battle with sound issues. It's very hard to get sound right on computers without turning it into a major production. I don't have specific answers to what steps you need to take, but one problem stands out. There is a huge difference in the volume between players speaking in your videos. I can turn the volume up, but then I have to turn it way back down for someone else. If you spend an hour working to balance what gets recorded better, it will save you many many hours of trying to fix it during editing.

I hope you are not offended by my suggestions and I wish you all the best! I will be following your adventures and hope we can work on more in the future.
    IronicSwordPlay and f_Builder_s like this.
  5. Thank you for all your, very helpful suggestions. I am currently working on trying to fix the sound difference problem and will be spending this week trying to perfect the balance between my sound and my friends in the Skype call. As for the FPS I will be taking you suggestion of changing the screen resolution down to a lower setting.

I know some of my video aren't always G rated (or U rated, as we call it in the UK). But I will be making sure that any content I produce in the future will be as family friendly as possible. I look forward to working with you more closly in the future.

Thanks again for all your feedback :D
  6. There were only a few comments that I was uncomfortable about, not really anything that would hurt your content if it wasn't there. I'm hoping to get approval from youtube's kid app (still trying to figure out how to submit). Since I am already making videos with my children, it's a logical path for us. Also, the younger crowd has more time and interest in everything online, so I figure start them young.

I checked out your stick wars for the first time this weekend and it was good. Looking forward to lots of good things to come.
    IronicSwordPlay likes this.
  7. It's been really quiet from your channel for a couple weeks? Hoping to see some fresh stuff in the near future!
  8. There is a good reason as to why I haven't been posting new content. It is because quite soon I'll be moving to Derbyshire to study at college and there's not really time to make new videos. But rest assured that normal service will be resumed in September. I'll also be releasing some brand new gaming series.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  9. That is an excellent reason!
    IronicSwordPlay likes this.
  10. Hi guys after many months of silence from my channel I'll be finally coming out of hiding and starting uploading again :D so expect some Empire Minecraft content to be uploaded this weekend! I have lots of plans for videos so get a weather eye out.
    FoxyRavenger likes this.