Way to slow down griefers in the wilderness

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Biggerhammer, Jan 26, 2014.

?

Should we restrict access to the wilderness until new players have logged in on 30 different days

Yes, please help keep greifers off the server 1 vote(s) 3.6%
No, I love being greifed and stolen from 25 vote(s) 89.3%
Yes, but let EMC players get instant access for alts 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes, but grant access for alts and new players that another EMC player is willing to vouch for 2 vote(s) 7.1%
  1. These two prove that the system is okay how it is. We can be annoyed at griefers and we are sorry for what happened to you but the staff are there for a reason. :)
    Eclipsys likes this.
  2. they should have a little pop-up HUD when someone is looking at a blocked placed by another player. Or something along those lines.
  3. That would not be handy, let's say you hid your base underground and noone ever finds it, yet it's located underneath a heavily visited spot where loads of people pass by everyday. This would mean you'd get spammed by bulletins from people walking passed your base, whilst they mean no harm.

I think it's best to keep our radioactive hamster and other staff/sen staff to take care of our anti griefing rule enforcement.
    boozle628 likes this.
  4. They could make it where it only pops up when someone starts try to mine the block or you could toggle if you want the HUD to be on when someone else is trying to mine your blocks.
  5. Wow... Your pole is completely useless. It's obviously 100% scewed towards the vote you want. It does not include all the possible vote options. lol Basically, it's a joke right? Not a serious thread.

If it were serious, I'd vote 100% "No"

No, because you'd simply be restricting the server without fixing the problem. And that'll send ALL types of players away from server.
    No, because eventually DT will be released, and we'll have land protection, which will somewhat alleviate griefing issues.

I agree, griefing is a serious problem. Which is the main reason I'm stuffing around waiting for protection to come out...
  6. I should probably point out that griefing isn't really a problem on EMC. Compared to other Minecraft servers, there's barely any of it. :) If you go even a couple 1000 blocks away from spawn, and your establishment is pretty well hidden, it probably won't be affecting you.
    jkjkjk182, NZScruffy and mba2012 like this.
  7. /report is your friend and staff will react to report fastest they can.
    Mirr0rr and dresden72 like this.
  8. As Alex said, griefing isn't actually a serious issue. It is really annoying when it happens, I agree. But so little of it happens, that when it does happen, it looks like the world is ending.
  9. I agreee no
  10. I guess it depends where and what you build doesn't it?

My hidden bases have not been griefed. My public areas I've built have been griefed a lot.

.... and don't start telling me, "well don't make it public, or don't build so close to spawn, or don't tell people where it is.. etc. etc" :) I'm well aware how to avoid griefing. But that doesn't help me build public facilities.
  11. This would bring along another problem, if the player has built his house out of stone, and puts the HUD to signal him when someone is mining stone around his house, then he'd still be spammed. (as most blocks around his underground house will also be stone)
    boozle628 likes this.
  12. With all due respect, the staff do everything they can when receiving a /report. And that's great! thanks.

However, you can only use /report when you know who the griefer is. (and often you don't)
    And staff can rarely do anything about it due to lack of proof/tools to get proof.

More often than not, I just fix the damage. Then go about my own investigation and deal with the suspect myself. (as staff cannot do anything without hard proof).
  13. I can assure you myself that tools are there, and it's always best to private message a few moderators first. If they can't do anything (but you think you know who it is), then you could ask them (without accusing them) :)
    Yeah /report is more efficient with chat issues, ect. so PMing a moderator for griefing or scamming is the best way to go about it IME
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  14. After some private inquiries I discovered the griefer was not a new player. So my suggestion would not have done anything to prevent the incident.

I see the majority of the server thinks things are good as they stand. After reading the posts here I find I must agree things are good they way they are and as soon as the dragon tombs are available the problem will be solved.

Many apologies to anyone I offended with the post.
    cddm95ace likes this.