Volt Inc.

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by 72Volt, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Volt Inc.

Hello folks, it's me again. I will be sticking around as long as I have free time to kill, and I'd like to take this opportunity to launch my new umbrella brand, Volt Inc., under which all my Cool Projects™ will fall.

The Cool Projects™ I have planned are as follows.

EMC Miners' Workshop
    The EMC Miner's Workshop will be a niche shop designed for miners. At one location, you will be able to buy all-important enchanted pickaxes; supplementary supplies like torches, bread, armor and weapons; and sell what you find while mining, be it diamonds, ores, cobble or gravel. I will work to make it the primary supplier of the EMC Diamond Centre.

EMC Diamond Centre
    The EMC Diamond Centre will be directly adjacent to the Miners' Workshop. The plan is for the Diamond Centre to become the number one place to buy and sell diamonds across EMC, and to heavily advertise it to reach that status. I want to also find folks on other servers willing to partner and have my shop chests on their residences, allowing folks to buy and sell with the Diamond Centre without having to switch servers.

Voltlink
    It's possible to travel at speeds of 70 metres per second on a boat over ice. In the Nether, this equates to 560 metres per second of Overworld travel. Voltlink will build ice boat tunnels in the Nether, to serve Frontier outposts and players, and create comprehensive maps of the ice boat networks across each server.

The plan is to build Nether ice boat tunnels as a paid service, with discounted or free tunnels available for anyone seeking to sustain a community in the wild (e.g. through an outpost or another project), or for those who will use the tunnel to trade with Volt Inc.

Voltmail
    Voltmail will provide a delivery and haulage service, including by utilising ice boat tunnels. This can also work in conjunction with the Miners' Workshop, Diamond Centre and other EMC player shops, allowing you to buy and sell directly with delivery personnel, then get back to mining or other activities.

I have a few ideas in my head for how people ought to pay for Voltmail - either I'll make it so folks pay per delivery, or billed weekly for all the deliveries they've ordered in the past week, or pay a weekly Netflix-style subscription, whereby being a subscriber gets you a certain amount of deliveries each week, up to a cap. I still need to work that out.

Premier Books
    This will be my imprint for producing and selling books I've written myself, and books written by others I deem to be of a reasonable quality. I have no set topic in mind for them, but I intend to price them at 1k per book. That's a high price, but I will aim to write books of a quality high enough to justify that price.

All books sold will be "copies of copies", meaning it will be impossible to copy them further, hence allowing me to control supply.

More plans to come soon (hopefully!)
    ConductorConduit and Eviltoade like this.