VEGAS Pro 14 Edit for $20

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Which editing software have you used?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2018.
Windows Movie Maker/Windows Live Movie Maker 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Lightworks 0 vote(s) 0.0%
kdenlive 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Shotcut 1 vote(s) 20.0%
VEGAS 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Adobe After Effects/Adobe Premiere 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Other free software 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Other paid software 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi, it's me again!

I wanted to notify those that might not know that VEGAS Pro 14 Edit is currently available for only $20, in a Humble Bundle. :)
    In the Humble Bundle is also a variety of other software, it looks like, but I haven't checked any of it out yet. Looks like there's some music mixing stuff and some graphical stuff in there, though.
    In any case, even VEGAS Pro 14 Edit alone is worth €200-€400, so it's a 'steal'! ;)
    I got the Bundle on Sunday, and I've already used the program for 2.5 hours. It's even more versatile than I expected, and it's a whole lot more easy to use than I anticipated. :)
    So if you're into video editing, don't mind software that is closed-source, and haven't got professional software yet... I'd definitely recommend it!
    https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom-rebundle

The Humble Bundle will remain for another 7 days!
    haastregt and BigDavie like this.
  2. I got this when it was previously available on the Humble Bundle. I have little need for it but couldn't turn down such a great bargain. My bundle also had Music Maker but had different additional software to this bundle.

For anyone who is thinking of going into media based industry getting familiar with a professional editing platform will make a nice entry on your CV.
    607 likes this.
  3. That is a totally awesome deal! Thanks for sharing, 607 :D

I am not that into editing stuff, but I sometimes like to do it for fun as a hobby. Therefore I would not want to spend these big prices on a program, but this is great :)

EDIT: For anyone wondering, I have used the free version of hitfilm 4 for editing video's before. I think it is the best free video editing software there is around, no watermarks, no limitations on fps and size, no limitations on length etc. Honestly I haven't even encountered limitations yet so I would not know what the paid version has to offer :p
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  4. Today I had to work with multiple clips for the first time! :D I had another perspective I wanted to overlay on the one perspective, but at some point it needed to move to the other side, to not obscure someone's face. You might not know what I mean, but in reality it was a bit more complicated still. :p Anyway: for these things I'm used to a 'DVE' effect, but I couldn't find that. However, with some Googling I quickly found out there's a 'Track Motion' function. You can add keyframes to the track and make it move to the right places (and change size, orientation and rotation) that way. :) It's really nice to use!
    And no, Humble Bundle isn't sponsoring me, I just like to share my delight. ;)