Vault page reference suggestion

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by farmerguyson, Jan 21, 2022.

1. I like using aliases to quickly access the vault pages used to organize my resources but when I have more than one page of the same resource I have to take time to note what page number the alias references so I can add 1 to it.

Would there be any interest in modifying the way an alias is used to access pages? Having the ability to use alias +/- a number would help me use the initial page then any pages around that alias.
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  2. What do you mean? Perhaps give an example of what doesn't work?
    I have numbers in my vault aliases, and they appear to give no issues.
  3. I have the following aliases for the noted pages, I can't remember the exact numbers but they're close.

Coal 130
    Pumpkin 151
    Stone 160
    Iron 200

When I visit the Pumpkin farm on smp2 I usually end up with 4 vault pages of pumkins. I start with /vault pumkin then have to switch to /vault 152, etc.
    Then I could visit an iron farm so I use /vault iron then /vault 201, etc.

Later on if I visit the pumpkin farm again I scroll up through the commands I entered in chat to find the last vault page used for pumpkins. I know it's not /vault pumpkin but was it page 152 or 201?

If the alias + #, ie. Pumpkin+1, was in the command list I would know.

This is a simple example. At times I am working with many more aliases as I move items around.
    607 likes this.
  4. Ah, I think I understand what you mean now. You'd like to be able to specify an offset from any alias. So /vault coal+21 would open up vault 151, with the Pumpkin alias.
    farmerguyson likes this.
  5. Any other thoughts on this suggestion?
  6. It wouldn't be useful to me, but it might be to others, I'd like to wait and see.