[UPDATE] Two-Factor Authentication on Forums

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Why would i buy a smartphone. that you never use ? also i do not like app stores.
    And 2FA is only more annoying if you need to use it every time you click the bookmark link.

It's not passwords that make things insecure. it's the people that want the link simple passwords to every website, preferable everywhere the same. If my password get stolen for the EMC account it must be a problem server side. SQL injection or other tricks to get access to the system. Then you can say 2FA slows things down. But it's more annoying then usefull. Especially if you not want a smartphone because it's still a complete useless device for me. And not going to buy one unless it really need to use c**p like that.

So yes, very valid reason.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Perhaps I'm missing your point here, but if you don't like 2fa, then don't use it! ;)
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. Yeah basically its the 2 step verification using sms.

side note: if i were to pitch an idea to you and created demo web pages to show off a rough draft of my idea. Would i just pm you? or just go ahead and publicly post it. Also depends on what kind of new features you plan on adding to emc. :)

sidenote2: when i click edit in firefox, i get a blank white text field with no text in it. So i have to go to the edit webpage instead of the edit popup. Any ideas to fix this? Adblock plus shouldn't affect it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I disagree, but anyway, as was mentioned before, you don't actually need an extra device. You can use it on pc just as well.
    Equinox_Boss, VoxelRay and Carbonyx like this.
  5. Couldn't we just use things like è, ä, ç, ø? They are valid characters right?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Yeah, I think you can use just about any character. Try using Emojis, perhaps! I wonder how that will work!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. This is a great addition to the forums.I use 2FA on everything I can. If people don't like it there is a simple solution. Just don't use it. Personally its the best thing to protect your accounts and your private information. If hackers get your password they still cant login as they need your phone too for the code to login.
    Equinox_Boss, Baradar67 and 607 like this.