Upcoming Movies - 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Slip_Stream, May 1, 2012.

1. I may not be 'super old' or part of the original Alien generation, but I watched it growing up and I LOVED IT. My parents, despite having loved Alien, still aren't too excited about it.

Anyways, I really can't wait to see it. A bunch of my friends (who also couldn't get enough of Alien) are going to go see it with me the day it comes out in the US. I CAN NOT wait.
    And for those of you who have no idea why we're all talking about Alien, Prometheus is figured to be the prequel to all of the Alien movies.
  2. I think this will be the first time in a long time that I will go see a movie the day it comes out. Ridley Scott is a legend and I stoked that he returned to his Alien story.
    From what I can tell though, this movie isnt going to be an "Alien" movie persay, although the Alien's will probably be a part of the story, I think it's more a movie about the "space jockey" race and the back story about how the Weyland Company came to power and how the derilect ship that the Nostromos found in the first movie came to be left on the planet giving off the distress beacon. I plan on watching the original Alien and Aliens movies again before I go see Prometheus so that I dont miss any of the connections.

Cany wait for this movie! OP, I like your thread, sorry for somewhat hijacking it on the Prometheus subject!
  3. I agree. It's less of a prequel than a separate movie that sets a basic stage. And you're not hijackig, the thread is supposed to be about upcoming movies, after all.
  4. I seriously cannot wait for this movie!
  5. It's not a upcoming movie this year but it could be one in the near future!

Live action short film: Portal

marknaaijer likes this.
  6. Not to fangirl, but I'd rather them go back to the comedy focus and make a movie with Harley Quinn as the main baddie.
  7. Can't wait to see this one too!
  8. Ted, Chernobyl Diaries, Savage and Magic Mike
  9. SPOILER ALERT

This is true.
    For some movies but not this one.
    It has to do with the game for when they are tracking the enemy by the buyouys.
    And the things the aliens shoot are shaped like the pegs.
    At first I couldn't see the relation but then I looked closer and saw it.
  10. TED! Although, still too young to see it.. -insert a bad word here-

wait avatar 2? Oh god dangit! They're going to rush it!! Just like Black Ops 2 and MW3 aauuugghhhh...
    marknaaijer likes this.
  11. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that the film was actually "inspired" by a seventy year old game just because it involves a few destroyers and a battleship, the latter of which is a World War II relic. How many movies have there been in the last few decades that involve naval vessels? Why weren't they adaptions of a simple pencil and paper game? Because the game was an adaptation of real life war. You can't then turn that around, the films are adaptations of war, not a game based on war.
  12. I agree with you there on the inspiration part. But I don't wish this to turn into an argument so let's just agree to disagree.
  13. I couldn't think of anything more laborious than arguing a matter like this.
  14. Agreed but my big movie this year has got to be oh... I don't know... maybe
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
  15. The Hobbit, the movie I am waiting for over 2 years:

It is a shame that he will be here just Dec. 14th...
    Slip_Stream likes this.
  16. I cant wait to see TED!!!!
  17. It comes out on the 13th for us :D
    marknaaijer likes this.
  18. What!!! they are making a movie for the Hobbit! That is so awesome. I think I enjoyed that book better than any of the others.
  19. Yeah, they ARE making a movie, but it is in two parts, like Harry Potter part 7.....