Unexpected Downtime 11/08/14

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Hey all,
    Sorry about the downtime we just had.

I temporarily moved SMP9 to our database server while waiting for its new home to be built, and we ended up overloading that servers memory.

So the server essentially completely ran out and ended up shutting down the database server (not good!)

It appears no data was lost, but I have adjusted the memory settings until we can move SMP9 back off of that server.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. No problemo, thanks for the notification :D
    cyberazaz101 likes this.
  3. No problem, I just had a mini heart attack :p
    But I was mining and I was sent all the back to town spawn .-. I bit annoying if you ask me
    cyberazaz101 likes this.
  4. lol I was alone in the town for a good minute after the servers came back up
    cyberazaz101 likes this.
  5. build team: stage will be offline until we can get the new server up and smp9 moved.
  6. I disapprove of this message, but understand the reasoning so our projects will just have to go on hold for a bit...Build Team Vacation!
    cyberazaz101 likes this.
  7. Lol.
  8. I was wondering what happened. Thanks for the notice.
  9. smp9 has been up and down.. keep tweaking the memory and java settings, hopefully itll be stable now.

Ideally I need to proper restart the database to make some config changes, so I do need to do that tonight when theres less people on.
  10. Thanks ^^ everything seems fine now