Twisted lyrics

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by Mob_Meal, May 20, 2017.

1. I often find myself twisting song lyrics to fit a particular situation or mood. Much like Wierd Al Yankovic did. Only mine are usually only a line or or phrase that I twist.

An example would be: I often host auctions for Ink here on EMC. Occasionally, I will bump said auction with something like; "There's a little black bump on this thread today". Can anyone guess what that's from?

Anyone else out there that does this? Care to share any examples?

(I know I dated myself with the Wierd Al reference that most players on here will probably have to look up)
    weeh likes this.
  2. Well, I feel a little sad, and this song lyric doesn't even need twisting for this.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. I can fear death no longer, i've died a thousand times"

Good luck finding this one metalcore fans.
  3. I would guess "King of Pain" by The Police - that's when music WAS music :)
    Mob_Meal and Pab10S like this.

4. Nice! Exactly what it was from.
    weeh likes this.
  5. I have a couple:

My dog is an awesome dog.
    He sits on my front porch.
    He runs and plays all day.
    My dog is an awesome dog.
    ---------------------------------
    You are my fire
    My one desire
    Believe when I say
    I want a milkshake
    607 likes this.
  6. I dunno if this is twisting a lyric, but I was discussing Louis Theroux with a friend. I made this up and was pretty proud of it:

"I'm looking Theroux you while you're looking Theroux your phone and then leaving with somebody else."

I'm open to people guessing the song.
    Nice I'm using this one to get my bb to buy me things
  7. Not really, no.
    Not that I know too many song lyrics, but there are some I could potentially do it with, perhaps.
    But I think such a thing would only work if the audience knows the songs as well, and there aren't many songs I know the lyrics to that other people recognise as well.