Trapper777's Bookstore & Printshop

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Trapper777, Nov 2, 2014.

1. I would like one copy of almost everything you do. Please pm prices and I will pay upon recieving.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Ok, I will update the store
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Bump. Yes, I'm still around!

I am working on a physical store, which should open in the next few weeks.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I feel like I should find the biggest book in my collection and pay to have it transcribed lol! Would you make an in game book for Atlas Shrugged?
  5. This would be insanely awesome, love that book... I'd go in 50/50 with shins on it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. It would be awesome, but sadly it is not out of copyright. Doing so would be technically illegal. :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Are you sure copyright laws apply to Minecraft?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Yep. I am still copying the book, and possibly keeping them from making sales.

Of course, they most certainty wouldn't care, but breaking the law like that would have the mods buying me a one-way ticket to Bantown.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Hehe... Banned for copyright violation...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I understand your reluctance towards copying the book, and that's fine. But out of curiosity, and to get to feel for your pricing, what would you have charged?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I believe that that is generally correct, however there are some exceptions that have been made in the past. Hashhog started a news/magazine sort of thing where you can pay x amount of rupees for x amount of copies. You can also pay 3k (correct me please) to get all future issues until further notice. I think the difference there is that you agree to pay for them until they stop being issued, which could be at any point in time if Hashhog would like. "All future issues" are all the ones he bothers to write so if he wanted or needed to be could end the service at any time.

I think what Trapper does is okay because he asks you to pay weekly, which would be per issue. You agree to buy all of them, you are just actually making the transactions over 14 weeks.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. It would have been a monumental project, as atlas shrugged is one of the world's longest books.

It would take up around 55 books, and so if I were to do it by myself, it would come out to around 11k. This would probably take somewhere around a year (it depends a lot on how 2015 would go for me IRL) to complete, though. I would have also offered the option to significantly increase the price to somewhere in the 30k range so I could hire help, that would have got it to you much, much quicker.

If we were to actually do this, I would probably work with you to do some stuff with the help of the community, and then release it for free or at a significantly reduced price to the public.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I didn't think of that... I will probably do that if I do anything weekly from now on.

Thanks!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. It is a really long book lol but so good