Too many Ghasts in the Nether!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Golden_Guppy, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I've deleted a few comments I thought were a bit hostile and unneeded.
  2. the fix is back in action.
    sadly our STG town is not the same properties as a live town... we cant even do /town or /wild haha...

When Justin returns were gonna be making some changes to polish up stage some.
    AlexChance likes this.
  3. Just went to nether and saw ghost fire balls everywhere xD its like snow
  4. I can't wait to see Justin active - is his internet back? I remember the 1st September was his due-back date :p
  5. i made it to nether spawn, actually 1 block away when i was "rescued". Thanks Aikar, but it was a long trip with a load of enchanted stuff from way out . Normally I would have just suicided but having an inventory completely full of enchanted picks and no chests took that option off the table. Continuously falling in lava with 20+ level 30 enchanted items was a bit maddening.
  6. Aikar was coding when I was reading the forums, and noticed your posts, saying you were stuck in the nether, surrounded by Ghasts. I let him know, and he promptly logged on. Honestly, I believe you should be a bit kinder towards the EMC Staff.. We don't have to bend over backwards to help one player out.
    hayleycolgan, moyaboya and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. I hope you'll agree with me when I say, Emc is a wonderful server with great staff, great community, and great "EMC only" plug ins such as eggify. This all holds true except for the occasional lapses, in which you've just experienced. I believe once you realize this you will be more merciful and not pester the moderators as much, they are working very hard.
  8. Ok, the nether is officially dead to me on EMC and I am going back to land travel.. <,< ..There are so many ghost entities in the nether now I lag worse than before the nether lag fix (Mod and implementation in 1.3)..
    This is what I spawned into just checking the nether in SMP8.. Then the ghasts started appearing.
  9. Those were all ghost entities meaning they had already been shot however remained in the air..
  10. Max, I never asked anyone to help me out. Not once. I have been frustrated by the bugs for the last few weeks, expensive items disappearing, and the ghasts blasting me into lava about 20 times while carrying a full load of level 30 enchanted stuff triggered me to lose my cool. We have cleared up the whole supporter status thing as well. It has been my understanding that donations from supporters make it possible to pay for hosting of the game servers we all play on.. Otherwise "SOMEBODY" would just be taking their personal cash to rent a game server from a hosting company. I guess i understood incorrectly. I am not and have never asked for anyone to bend over backwards for me or my measely contributions. I was upset that there was another problem and suggested in an admittedly blunt manner, that changes were tested on a test server first. Aikar has since posted that it was done, and it slipped by. As an outsider, I didn't know this at the time I posted. I have apologized to Aikar for losing my cool and I meant it. I was frustrated. In the exact same circumstances, any of us would be frustrated. But please do not think I expect anyone to bend over backwards for me. I've never expected it, never asked for it. I simply vented stored up frustrations with the bugs that have frustrated many of us. That being said, It would have been better for me to just log off and go somewhere else where I would be less frustrated. Again, I thank Aikar for what he does.
    AlexChance and PandasEatRamen like this.
  11. I think there's still some issues with the Nether, even though the ghasts are gone near me. I'm lagging really bad and it still says that there's 128 entities like it did before but with no ghasts and not that many zombie pigmen. :/
  12. I was having issues with ghost entities that spawned in the air without any ghasts present at loading the nether and it caused major lag for me.. <,<
  13. I think that's what I have ahaha, got a fix, is there one?
  14. I am not sure.. I left the nether but I don't know how to fix the ghost entities because relogging is supposed to fix them, unless the entities are server side as they would seem.. :(
  15. Darn :/