To all the redstone people out there

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by MichaelPiccolo, Jan 5, 2014.

1. On my way.. -Fixed
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  2. lol thanks :p so when i put string down do i have to have a tripwire somewhere?
  3. Not to my knowledge. I personally use redstone; but I'd assume string alone would work.
  4. String no longer works like redstone does. String will now burn up in the lava. I believe there is a way to still make a string version, but it only makes one block of obsidian at a time.
  5. I'm thinking if you added a tripwire on the end, it might lay down the string for it to work. Not sure.
  6. I might be late to this thread :p But, I have designed in the past ones that only turn on when all redstone is placed down - and doesn't turn off until all redstone is turned into obsidian.
  7. The one that I designed leaves a perfect gap in between two pulses, so the lava is only in front of the dispenser long enough to form obsidian and then goes back. I might look into making a design on SP which makes sure there's redstone though. Powering it with a torch isn't a bad idea :)
  8. I do have one question...could i expand it?
  9. Yep. but I'd need to redesign it since I put the input system on the right side and edge of your residence is on the left.

Also, I just hopped into SP and successfully made a design that will quickly make sure that all your redstone is placed down (to prevent lava leakage) and it's also super compact. I may make a youtube video on it later :)
  10. I use string in mine, but you have to have tripwire hooks. String is much cheaper than redstone, so I'd say it's worth it.
  11. well could you change mine into that design? also make it longer?
  12. I don't know why you'd want it any longer.. and also if you want it longer than 13 dispensers than it'd take extra repeaters and redstone. The new design replaces the button and adds a monostable circuit as well. You're better off basically destroying the one I made you.. Not worth trying to upgrade it.
  13. Don't apologize, it is a great idea :D