Thiefs and Greafing

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Elidan456, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Question, Don't moderators and up have a grief tool. For example if something was griefed we could place a block down then use a tool, right click and we could find out when, and what it was. Don't yous' have that? I would think it would be an anti-grief must?
    NurglesRott likes this.
  2. I've run across many LAVA traps when splunking in mines and caves already. Just something you have to be aware of when others have been before you. I really liked finding the diamonds in a section of mine right next to where someone didn't happen to go. :p Breaking through a cobble placed portal will KILL you if you are in a hurry.
  3. I don't mind last time I logged the last part of my rail way system( 3km or so) wasn't there anymore, but the island was not grified, it was just unfinished, I just did 15% of what I wanted to do I guess
  4. The fact that it's a trap - makes it a trap...

Here's a flipping idea.

STOP THE GRIEFING!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!!
  5. Ok...
  6. No

Because all greifers have xray
  7. The Ethics People have developed compared to previous generations is rather sad, where is the honor and respect? I guess I am one of the minority that still has respect and honor (most of the Empires population seems to be in the minority).

Ps. It sucks you got grieved but it's the unfortunate side effect of the Empire's success, numbers grow "crime" goes up. A simple prevention to this griefing would have been reading the guide and scaling your project down to 60x60 (if possible).
  8. Maybe there should be one player on each server with block log and their own thread, anyone gets griefed it gets sorted.
    As the community grows add more "sheriff's" to the towns.
    I as i'm sure a lot of other's would take great pleasure in finding these griefers and putting them in the stocks.
    I must be overlooking something because on another server i was admin on not a single person got away with griefing unless unreported. :confused:
    nmanley likes this.
  9. Because internet
  10. Partially true, but in reality it's the parents fault for not grinding respect, dignity, and honor into their children's brains. If people want to blame the internet for this then let them, but the truth is it's the parenting or lack their of that denotes if someone has respect, dignity, and honor. Blaming the internet is simply denial in its most sincere form in my opinion.
    /end rant

ps. LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW OR CLOSE THE THREAD!
  11. There's prettymuch nothing to denial about. =/
    there are always people who barely received any form of parenting and still operate according to the rules set by involved parties.
    levelgrind honor/respect/dignity all you want. soon as the child touches the internet the anonymity phenomenon occurs, and kid may become yet another fledgling lolcow

And I actually doubt the previous generation on average got exposed to the internet communities much, if at all. They probably could teach their kids to use the internet, but not teach them how to handle the allpowerful mask of anonymity. world moves forward, but people takes time to change, if at all.

Respect, dignity and honor, afterall, is based on the perspective opinion of the involved parties. It's still up the person to decide whether the involved parties is "valuable" enough for the person to give a excrement about, then base his base morality values on previously generated value, which is based on the relationship of this person and the involved parties this person is involved in.

Everyone does things based on different circumstances.

tl;dr : William Tecumseh Sherman did it for the lulz for lulz's sake in the name of lulz.

also, http://empireminecraft.com/threads/new-staff-tools-square.2844/ because no lulz is allowed. There will only be hand holding and enjoyment.

There should seriously be some way to effectively catch x-ray texture pack users, though.

And probably stealth xray modders or those using 3rdparty warez to look at the maps
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  12. I see your point sir, many valid points. Maybe I was being hasty on the draw, after all almost any word that is used to describe humanity is user definable.

And there are no anti x-ray tools?
  13. I think there are, but there's always ways around it. :l and I think the only way to catch xray texture pack users is to use logs and behavior, i.e digging a straight tunnel to a certain ore
  14. justin always says they have ways, and they will eventually get caught. i would get banned for digging straight tunnels to ore, because i am boring and dig straight tunnels. often there happens to be ore in my path.