The Snow Owl and Other Short Stories

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Ritunn, Mar 7, 2017.

1. For this new story I wanted to change how it's shared. The forums have wonky formatting, so I'll be providing you with the actual document instead. Spacing will be better and things won't get messed up when transferring, anyways, I hope you enjoy.

Whispered Deals

When Peter loses his father to an illness he can't stop, he finds help in a shady figure named Akros. But what is the price for a deal that seems too good to be true? What are you willing to sacrifice for the ones you love? Read the story and find out.
  2. I'll be working on a new story soon, but for now, enjoy this odd and ridiculous top rated story I did for r/WritingPrompts on Reddit.

WP: Anubis, God of the Dead reawakens with renewed power thanks to one group... The Furries.

Yes! Finally, I have been awakened! Now I shal- wait, who are all you?" Anubis stared around the dimly lit temple to find a small group of people dressed as jackals.

"We've brought you back O' great lord of the dead! Now shall you grant us our wish to be remade in your image?" Said a man near the front of the group, holding a golden scepter. The temple was silent as Anubis looked at the man dressed in mockery of him. He was dumbfounded. "So? Is that a yes or a no?"

"Silence mortal! Why do you dress yourselves as I? None shall mock the God of the Dead!" Anubis said furiously. The group of people reeled back for a merely a second.

"We're furries O' great jackal headed god", the man in the front said, "we wish to be remade in your image for we are enthusiasts of anthropomorphism", Anubis looked at him blankly, his tail ceasing to wag.

"Oh, you people. First you all go to Bast dressed as cats, now you want me? Can't you just unsummon me? I really don't want to have to deal with you people".

"We spent 2 years trying to summon you dude! Just make us part animal already!" A man yelled from the back. Anubis let out a long sigh as the crowd of furries looked upon him with slight anger.

"Alright, just leave me alone after this. I got armies of the dead to raise. Alright?" The furries cheered as Anubis changed them all into jackal headed people with a flick of his hand. They took off the costumes they wore and ran out of the temple cheering with joy. "Well time to get to work, hope they enjoy it well it lasts", and with that, Anubis went off to conquer Egypt and raise an army of the dead.

The End
    607 likes this.