The Snow of the East U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PriceMeme, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Just outside of Austin Texas we're 80 degrees!
    Dwight5273 and southpark347 like this.
  2. *rain pours outside*
  3. Seeing as my country is getting hurricane-strength winds and light snow (that really, really stings when it hits your face >.>) because of what's going on where you live, no :p

Although I do like how we're 'preparing' for 'Snowmageddon' tomorrow. Said 'Snowmageddon' is four inches of snow - anything above a single inch is enough to shut down most of the schools in England. We're that unprepared for anything to do with snow - which is kind of stupid, seeing as our neighbouring countries are all Scandinavian.
  4. Last year down here in the south east, they canceled school over less than a centimeter of snow and then canceled school the next day and no snow actually fell. Not being from the south east, it was fun to watch people try to drive on ice and 2 mm of snow. :D
  5. You have a crappy Head teacher then... *obvs, ik ur skwl*. Ours only shuts when it gets really deadly haha
    1. The council tells the school when to close. If the school refuses too, there will be consequences - that's classified as risking the health and safety of the pupils and staff :p
    2. The headteacher I've had my previous snow days with retired in December. My new one handles things way differently to the last one (he may, quite possibly, need a kick in the head to get it sorted out ;)), so we'll see...
  6. Eastern New Jersey. About 5 inches. Got more snow in December.
  7. Well, this storm did not go as predicted. We got about 5-10 inches.