The rainforest thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Because I love plants, jungles are my favorite Minecraft biome, I live in a subtropical climate, and I believe that the forests need to be saved, I've made this thread for rainforest-related discussion. It doesn't matter whether it's a tropical or temperate rainforest, or whether the climate in that rainforest is tropical, subtropical, or temperate; it counts as on-topic for this thread.

Anyways, recently, I heard about the Appalachian Rainforest, which for the 15+ years I've been alive, had completely eluded me despite me being in the same STATE as parts of it. When I saw that it's a thing, I looked into it (it has portions in Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia), and was highly fascinated. It's a temperate rainforest in humid subtropical (lower elevations) and mountain temperate (higher elevations) climates, and it is a mixed forest in lower areas but coniferous at high elevations. Now it's on the list of places I'd like to visit someday, preferably in the Spring.

Any rainforest-related thoughts any of you would like to share?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. I live in the tropics :cool:
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Lucky you! Hawaii is really beautiful with really nice weather, but it's very expensive and moderately remote, and Florida gets threatened by hurricanes with blistering weather for most of the year.
  4. Bump!

Also, I've heard that what allowed the Appalachian Rainforest to form and remain intact for so long is because during the last Ice Age, glaciers weren't able to reach as far south as Tennessee and North Carolina (which, during some parts of the ice age, were probably even warmer in the Winter than they currently are), even in the mountains, so the trees, other plants, and fungi were able to spread and spread there, and many animals sought refuge in the warmer Southeastern U.S. and desert Southwest during those cold times.