The Next smp8 PWU Build

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jan 22, 2017.

?

What do you want most for the next PWU build?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2017.
Slime farm at Wild North 5 vote(s) 12.2%
Squid farm at Wild North 8 vote(s) 19.5%
Generic Mob Farm (creepers) 10 vote(s) 24.4%
Ghast Farm 10 vote(s) 24.4%
Generic Nether Mob Farm (Magma Cubes, may combine with Ghasts) 8 vote(s) 19.5%
  1. The next PWU build is going to be a Skeleton Grinder off the road out at smp8 Wild North. Thank you AshtrayRock for donating the site, and thank you Ben and Willikers for getting that started.

The Skeleton Grinder should be a very fast build. Sorry for the late notice on that one folks. I usually turn these builds into an event of sorts, but this one is really small and easy.

The next big project will be... whatever you vote for! The choices are in the poll.
    I will do my usual "invite the world" to the next big build. Let me know what you want it to be!
    • Slime farm - We need to find some really active slime chunks somewhere at Wild North that is 100 blocks from any of the other builds out there.
    • Squid farm - We need a design of a farm already working great on EMC. I did a variation on the Squid Mother once already... and I broke chunks out in the wild. Let's not do that again. If you have an already built squid farm on EMC, please, send me the specs or the schematic for it!
    • Generic Mob Farm (creepers) - We have 2 designs already. One already done, and one still in the testing phase.
    • Ghast farm - Still in the designing phase, but at least we have a few designs to try out.
    • Generic Nether Mob Farm - This one may be combined with the ghast farm. Not sure yet. Again, there are several designs to choose from, but we haven't started testing yet.
  2. Reserved for announcing winner of poll.
    Rimont and UltiPig like this.
  3. magma cubes for the win
    khixan and Rimont like this.
  4. I was thinking of magma cubes, wither skeletons and ghasts as separate farms near the nether outpost.
    khixan and Rimont like this.
  5. Bump! Vote away folks, cheers :)
  6. Make your will known and vote folks. This is my goodnight bump, cheers all :)
  7. Will the creeper farm onky farm creepers, or will it inckude zombie and skeletons? If you use trapdoors you can take out spawns from zombies and skeletons, making it only soawn creepers and spiders which really increases efficiency for gunpowder
    khixan likes this.
  8. Home way late tonight, so not gonna be able to hop on to help with the new skellie grinder. We're just adding amenities and the fun stuff to it :) Bone Machine is coming soon people!

In case you don't know the Bone Machine reference, I give you my favorite song from that album.

Vote and let us know whatcha wanna make next folks! And now, I go forth to get DINNER.
    _CheshireCat__ and deadmon5 like this.
  9. A ghast farm would be cool!
    khixan likes this.
  10. Ghasts. Always where you DON'T want them, never around when you need tears.

Bump for the vote! Thanks all :)
    Tuqueque and Doorfne like this.
  11. Bump for the good of the vote! Let us know whatcha want worked on next :)
  12. Ghast farm is in the lead by 1 vote.
    Let us know whatcha y'all want to build next :) BUMP!
  13. I think today is the last day to vote on this poll. Cheers all :)
    Hopefully IRL will calm down soon and I'll see you all in game more often!
    Sealeon and AncientTower like this.
  14. Go ghast farms!

Can I vote with my alt? lol