The most efficient cobble -> stone set-up?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by wildbeast23, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Hello,

Just a quick one. How do people usually set up their furnaces to smelt stone? I personally use the configuration in the screenshot below, but does anyone have any ideas on the most efficient style? Or is this as good as it gets? Please post screenshots/comments below, so I can improve my stone output.

2015-04-05_01.56.07.png
  2. I suppose you could make it more efficient by making many of them, or having it feed into more furnaces.
  3. But for a small-scale I guess that's the best/only design to use? :/
  4. If you want a sweet full residence furnace go to /v je55e! He's got a beast of a furnacs
  5. I'm based in the east wilderness mate :p
    Traynfreek likes this.
  6. Nah. North is the way to go.
    wildbeast23 likes this.
  7. What you want is TangoTek's automated furnace design. You'll find this build across the whole Empire tbh... The best part; most Waste Nether's have at least one outpost which stairs end up in lava, so if you build yourself a small platform there you'll have all the option you need to quickly refill this beast with lava buckets (which is the most optimal fuel for this baby).

Check this out:

click here if the video doesn't play
  8. Nice. I spend 95% of my time in the wild also
  9. Why smelt stone? Silk touch is cheaper and faster
  10. There isn't a way to get more through a single furnace.

You can split up the work load between as many as you want though. A lot of people use an advanced design with 5+ furnaces and a minecart that splits up the input between them.

You can also build your design right into other things like a sell chest (see photo) and speed might not be an issue. The small ones can really go anywhere.

Attached Files: