THE HOMELESS CHILD EXPERIMENT!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wisepsn, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Lol
  2. Here is how I see it...
    • If you dont help someone, it doesnt truely make you a "bad person"
    • If someone is asking for money to buy food, dont give them money... give them food, you never know what they may do with that money
    • Hitchhikers arent always what they seem either... (possibly escaped convicts, and who knows what they did)
    I'm not saying you shouldnt help people... It doesnt help that people go around scamming or breaking the law... In a perfect world yes, every single person would help someone. Sadly we dont live in a perfect world. If I were to run into this situation the first thing I would think is "I feel sorry for him" then I would think "Where is this sister he mentioned". I wish we could trust everyone, but in the world we have today, it can be difficult to trust our neighbors, let alone someone on the street.
  3. I would agree here I guess. The best option is probably to give to a trusted charity or food drive foundation. They are usually good at bringing in the truly needy and helping them out. And I guess also if you wanted you could ask what was the matter with the beggar, and in a short chat build some form of trust, and then worry about tossing some change their way at the end. The guy in this video stopped to ask what was wrong with the crying man who had his dog taken from him. So if you are overly concerned with trusting the beggar you could try to say something.
    Fair point. Best not to pick them up. This is about the only area where safety becomes an issue.
  4. They are made to make you understand we need to make a change. We cant make a change unless we do something, my dad said "You cant fix something without doing anything" So we must do something.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  5. In my country this thing is every where, the government don't do nothing about it. That is one kid asking for money, in Paraguay you have a family of 10 to 20 kids asking for money, if you don't give them some money, they will rob you, or kill you. This is one of the things I hate of my country.
    Luckygreenbird and boozle628 like this.
  6. I am sorry.

This video was made because not much people have there eyes open to see people who are poor or are living in the streets.(this is in the US) They all just have big expensive bags(macy's, louisvuitton) with expensive clothes and when they see someone who is living in the streets they usually make faces or point, which is really horrible. I am not saying you HAVE to pay him money, but the least someone could do is ask him "where is your sister" or "what happened to your family". In fact, a girl called fouseyTUBE disgusting for this in the video. fousey is trying to make an experiment to see if any one in society is going to at least give a dollar or at least ask them what is wrong.
  7. I remember seeing a terrible video on liveleak some people may know of the the women getting attacked by a man with a knife in public streets with no help for about 10 minutes while people walk by or film in a very crowded place(I'm not linking it at least not on a public forum but I believe it was a news story as well the women ended up getting stabbed around 30 times I think, if you really need the video for some reason then I guess pm me for a link), eventually someone does come to help, then about 5 more people do. My point in this is we are still animals and in physically violent situations survival takes over first most of the time until someone starts this shift in pack mentality.
    I brought that up because of the situations presented in the bully experiment(although obviously in the bully experiment the guy didn't have a weapon and the bullying was way more isolated than the woman so it's not a direct correlation other than physical violence and people trying to avoid it.) Also I don't know much about this so I could be off base, I just remember reading something about pack mentality in situations like bullying and public attacks, so if I'm being ignorant simply correct me, I'm always open to more knowledge.
    wisepsn likes this.
  8. Wow... That's horrible..
  9. True it was, it's more confusing than anything, luckily though there is one good thing out of the story, the woman lived and the man was caught. So at least it ended better than it could of.