The Foodie thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mob_Meal, Oct 27, 2016.

1. I'm a "foodie". I love food! I love trying new foods, strange & exotic foods, just new food experiences in general. I always say "I'll eat just about anything once". There was an American TV show called "Bizarre Foods" where a guy traveled the globe trying strange exotic foods. Most people found the show "gross", it usually made me HUNGRY. It looked like a dream job to me. So I thought I'd start a thread and see if there are any like minded individuals out there.

A little about me & my food experiences: Awhile back on Facebook there was a quiz about 100 exotic foods to try before you die, I think I had already had about 80 of them. Some of the so called strange animals I've consumed: Snake, alligator, frog, deer, elk, rabbit, emu, buffalo, octopus, squid, squirrel, snails, conch (last 2 not really an animal) just to name a few. Also other exotics like durian, dragon fruit, mamy sapote, and many other exotic fruits & veggies. We have a local market here that specializes in Asian & Latin produce. Whenever I go with my kids I let them pick a new fruit to try.

With a love of food I have a love of cooking as well. I have a hard time cooking anything without garlic. I'm not big on spicy food, but I'm slowly eating more & more. I love so many kinds of food it's hard to say what I like best. Among my favorite styles of food are Cuban and Greek and smoked meats.

So tell me, are there any other foodies here on EMC? Strangest thing you've ever eaten? Did you like it? Feel free to share any foodie experiences! Have something you think I should try or want to know if I've tried it already? Post it all here!
    607, khixan, Lordess_Spartan and 2 others like this.
  2. Wil keep short as I am on my cell.

I tried aligator as well as the real Mexico tacos not taco bell or what you get in the stores lol had it in Mexico
  3. Did you like the gator? True, real Mexican food is pretty far flung from what most Americans think. Not even really like Tex-Mex.
  4. The gator had more or less a Chicken texture but more tough and had a taste between Chicken and Turkey, I would say...

And yes, The Mexican tacos i had in a resort so it was safe, haha, but was a 6 start resort where they have different themes every night. The tacos was the only thing i was able to eat. Thought the shells were cool, but too bad you cant get it at any store :p
  5. Ppl say gator is like chicken (ppl say that about a LOT of things). I don't agree, it has a unique flavor. Maybe even a hint of fish taste, but I love it!
    607 likes this.
  6. I guess no one else shares my passion for culinary exploration :(.
  7. I'm a huge foodie, Im one of those people who takes pictures of nice looking food and show others to make them jealous x3

Earlier on this year at the beginning of summer, Fendy and I cooked Kangaroo steaks which were pretty yummy :) Picked them up at a local supermarket!
  8. Is Sushi Exotic? xD
  9. Never had Kangaroo, not because I won't, just haven't had the opportunity.

She me would consider sushi exotic. To me it's pretty normal. I love sushi!
    AnonReturns likes this.
  10. Sushi! <3 <3 <3
    I love to cook, and I enjoy sharing recipes :)
  11. Have you had biscotti? It's not very exotic, but I know alot of people who haven't had it. Bibimbap is also extremely good, so I'd recommend it. (It's best with steak/chicken and lots of spices)
  12. Cool thread! :)
    I'm not really a foodie at all, though, I'm a little scared to eat something new or exotic.
    I've heard the meals are quite interesting at a certain friend of mine's, so I'll make sure to avoid dinner when I go there. :rolleyes: