The End of SMP2!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hi gang!
    What else did you think the title meant? :D

No, SMP2 has not been invaded by SMP4 yet, I heard they postponed that for next month :D Instead I decided to search for an End portal and I found one, approx. 1255 blocks out from spawn. Next I knew Aya & me spent 2 days digging out a tunnel so that we can all easily travel back and forth to & from the End.

Figured I'd share...

Reaching the End portal on SMP2

Go to /waste e and walk straight ahead, into what I dubbed "Creeper valley" (because it's sometimes literally raining creepers :D). You'll soon notice my mining base, hard to miss. Go inside and you'll find the start of the tunnel on your right hand side...

The ceiling is a bit low, we'll work that out, but you can use a horse to slowly go down into the main tunnel. Get a speedy horse because it's going to be quite a journey!

Safety precautions

The tunnel is fully lit so no hostile mobs should spawn. However... There are a few parts which we need to look into again (I also want all torches moved from the floor onto the walls), when checking the tunnel this evening I noticed a creeper. So do be careful.

It's fully floored with stone bricks. In other words: the floor is build with protected blocks, and even though I got many friends on EMC (<3 you guys!) only a select few of them can actually break my protected blocks. As such: there's no risk of the floor suddenly stopping somewhere in the middle of a ravine or such. Speaking of ravines....

Where necessary Aya placed glass ceilings whenever the road crossed a ravine of some sort. So the risk of creepers suddenly dropping down from a ledge is minimal. And if they do decide to jump down you can stick your tongue out at them because they won't be able to reach you.

Squared road...

Road signs courtesy of Aya ;)

The road is pretty straight forward, and at the (only) corner there are clear signs which will show you the way. I have considered trying to set up a bit of a diagonal road but decided against it later, the digging and flooring was hard enough as it is.

Take the turn and then the really long trip begins ;)

You're nearing the end!

At the end of the tunnel you'll run into a chaotic scenery because the stronghold is fully mixed with an abandoned mineshaft. Best out of 2 generated structures :D

From here on it's best to dismount. You reached our small mining operation, and the arrows point you in the right direction :)

Just follow the diorite path and you should be well on your way:

Down the corridor...

...up the stairs!

... and onto the End portal!

(the portal has been activated of course!).

I think this is currently on of the safest routes to reach an end portal on SMP2. Hope this is going to be useful for some of you!
    anthemsong and Merek_Shadower like this.