The "EMC Community" (Rant Thread on Bad/Annoying Players) + #EndGriefing2012

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IamSaj, Jul 18, 2012.

?

Will you take up the cause and put #EndGriefing2012 in your signature?

No, because I hate IamSaj and my life and also I'm a griefer and got banned from 5 servers 6 vote(s) 8.8%
Yes, #EndGriefing2012 all the way!!!! #EG2012 62 vote(s) 91.2%
  1. Thank you. #EG2012 <3
  2. Guys, i agree with all of you, but dont you think you need to tone down the protesting. I mean it's never gonna stop, people join every day just raring to greif. Just give it a break for a little while, please?
  3. What do you think I did the past 5 days?
    Also. We aren't protesting. We are a movement trying to prevent griefing from happening from the first place. If you read my main post, it clearly states that I know that people won't stop griefing, but we can prevent most of it from happening and repair the damage done by them.
  4. Ok, so here is a story I had 2 or 3 days ago.....

I did get on a different server one day because I wanted to try something out there. I was playing the game (Pit frenzy) I wanted to play there on a solo arena, and I was pointing out a few suggestions to the admin on the server that could be made. I then go on to the Team Pit Frenzy Arena and there I see the whole inside redstone wiring annihilated. Then I saw a guest who hacked the server to become an OP and blow up the whole pitfrenzy arena. (Both sides.) 2 mins after, the admin I was talking to banned him.

MORAL: There are griefings on every server and the amount of griefers is tremendous. If the other servers just ban them then they will come here too. So not all the petty griefers are petty griefers. They could very well be Class 4 griefers. Ill put a message on my sig for this to stop. Its just gotta, but it wont. Only thing we can do is ban the griefers one at a time.

Note: I may not be on often for now but i will in the future
    IamSaj likes this.
  5. Here's one of my stories:

A few months ago, I was trying out some new servers. And I came across one I really liked. The admins were kind and their were some epic games on there. I was playing a spleef match and some guy logged on after the admins logged off, and he force opped himself (it came up with WetSponge450 opped WetSponge450) and banned about 10 people in 2 minutes for no reason at all. And then a newbie logged on and he told them he would help them, and the newbie said OK. 30 seconds later it came up with 'WetSponge450 spawned a diamond sword' and then it came up with 'WetSponge450 killed (the newbie)'. Then the admins logged on and his force - op client let him steal the console when an admin was online.

Let's just say the server's website doesn't exist anymore, the IP doesn't work and the admin messaged me on skype saying 'The server is no more'. He said they're thinking of starting a new one soon.

Also, scroll down a little, and read the account on this server:

http://blackdiamondminecraft.weebly.com/
  6. I referenced earlier that I was a moderator on the server, but never exactly explained the story behind the crippling mega-grief (see my first post). I was a moderator, and an op on a server of one of my friends, and had invited a couple friends of mine to see the server. Of course, I didn't op them, and they weren't allowed to build, so I just gave them fly and some diamond swords. Another friend of the server owner had also been opped, but was much more giving with trust, and opped a friend. Who opped his friends. Who opped their friends. Who opped THEIR friends. We soon had a griefer on our hands, with access to creative. He began to cover the spawn with TNT, and neither of us were aware. My friend was destroying buildings too close to spawn, and I was demonstrating /kittycannon to my friends, which fired a tame cat, which promptly exploded, but did not destroy blocks. I as then teleported to spawnto see the last block of TNT placed. This was soon followed by a spark, a hiss, and the universe suddenly feeling much emptier. This event was followed by a MASS deopping, and the server has been down since. The owner has recently joined EMC actually. Anyway, this is why I feel that grief must be stopped. I feel that victims should get rehabilitation, and griefers banned, and sent to other servers.
    IamSaj likes this.
  7. This is why EMC is set up to combat griefing, and its one of the best systems out there. (But there is still is griefing I know)
    On the other hand, your friend's server and the owner was foolish enough to give op to a friend. And that started it all. That is why EMC has a moderator APPLICATION, and I think mods and admins can only fly and have access to alot more commands. (I think)
    This is why EMC is great, but griefing must be prevented in the Wild of EMC servers!
  8. Who's the owner of the server? ^.^
  9. #EG2012!
  10. No me gusta griefers!
    oidgod likes this.
  11. 80fireman, and d0n't lay anything on him, he just reloaded a backup of the server. Better anyway, no stupid buildings around the spawn... The server was still in what I would deem Pre-Alpha, and he hadn't installed all the mods yet.
  12. So the server still in Dev-Mode?