The difference between US and UK Ebola coverage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Just to point out... she has no authority in the UK either.

Anyway, it's Russell Howard. He's presenting a comedy show. Obviously he's not going to be super serious about it, it's his job not to be.
    mba2012, sambish20, rock00888 and 2 others like this.
  2. I just noticed this part of what you said, and I have to wonder why you wrote that. From how I read what you said, it doesn't relate >.>

If you were making a comparison of the US to the UK; we use Pounds, Kilograms and Stone to measure things :p
  3. And MM, CM, M for distance, but for long distances or speed we use Miles - just to screw with everyone! :D
  4. And for heights we use feet :D
  5. Well I like the US and the UK, just my 2 cents worth, sorry.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Wow, nice job UK! We (US) have a terrible unit system, but yours is worse! 3 measurements for weight!
  7. America = Imperial

UK = Imperial & Metric

Australia = Metric
  8. In High School, we're taught to only use Metric units since that is what our countries are recognized as. But by then, everyone has listened to their parents use the imperial and metric hybrid thing we have going on :p
  9. Secondary school* ;)
  10. Gymnasium. We are taught in the most confusing way possible. Diffrent states teach in diffrent volumes of metrics. Even in the states that use metrics more only sciencey areas of study use it. Then in every day life we use imperial exclusively.
  11. Metric is used for 'official things'. So anything science related etc. I noticed in geology that we measure distances within the Earth in KM. It must be a kind of world standard so that everyone can easily share results without conversion messing it up.
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. Nobody but teachers call it a 'Secondary School' >.>
  13. You're like the only person I know not call it secondary school xD
  14. I find it embarrassing that we've never fully adopted the metric system yet we've had both Imperial and metric measurements all around us in the US since I was a kid in the 70's. I was adding that as a shortcoming. At the same time I wanted to poke you a little with the stone comment and remind you in a personal way that your and other countries weren't are all that different when it comes to adapting to new things.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Canada = Metric
    (But we tend to use the Imperial system also, since the we get a lot of US stuff which tends to be in Imperial units. So we've adapted to both. :p)
  16. They did the monster math.

I have no idea whats going on in this thread so I'll just say, be excellent to each other.
    SoulPunisher likes this.