The Almighty Friend

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Adderwolf71, May 11, 2013.

?

Is this a....

Good idea? 17 vote(s) 68.0%
Bad Idea? 4 vote(s) 16.0%
An okay-ish idea, but it would be good with changes? 4 vote(s) 16.0%
  1. Who needs friends * forever alone meme here *
    Equinox_Boss and brickstrike like this.
  2. I wish that it would say what smp/utopia server the people you follow are on.
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. i think if you want to be friends with someone, add their facebook/twitter :D i dont think its needed here were all friends or acquaintances the entire emc army is your friends list even the ones you dont like (cause honestly who doesent have a friend they dont like but are friends with someone they do so are nice to them anyways)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. umm... no. Have you ever actually programmed a XenForo plugin for one of your pirated sites? I have, and something like this would not be very extensive.
  5. The problem with the Facebook/Twitter part is that I bet at least 25% of people on EMC aren't part of either, including me. Also, if you add them as a Facebook friend then they have access to personal information, which may be a serious privacy intrusion to most people.
  6. Things like this are never accepted. if it is, it will be in 3 years.
  7. the point is if you actually want to become friends with them in the way you proposed, you should be okay with that "privacy intrusion" otherwise whats the real difference between them just following you? seems like you are intentionally trying to be exclusionary. the only purpose i can see for this to be implemented is to tell people that you ARENT friends with them and have control over it unlike following
  8. The point of the friends list would be so that you can accept and decline, unlike following where it is their decision to follow and unfollow. Also, what if you want to be friends with them on EMC, but not have them in your personal life? Then that would be considered privacy intrusion.
  9. but see thats just my point following automatically accepts, you want the ability to decline people
  10. No, the point is that you have the option to separate your followers and your friends. Your followers are the ones that find you funny or think you are famous. Friends, well, are pretty self-explanatory.
  11. you arent getting what im saying...someone more...personable should relay what im trying to communicate lol
  12. (I am becoming the new Equinox, I feel obligated to like as many posts as I want XD)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. If I understand what Bite is trying to say, it seems this would be used kinda badly because I could add all the people I hang out with as friends and nobody else. "I'll add you, add you...we talk but I could care less so decline...Oh only the 5 people I hang out with and talk to? Looks fine to me."
  14. All of the people who I follow are my friends. :D (except the banned people...)
    Nilex92, brickstrike and mba2012 like this.
  15. Yes! My minion! :p
    Nilex92, brickstrike and Adderwolf71 like this.
  16. LOL
    brickstrike and Equinox_Boss like this.