That Over Used Bear Meme

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by albinopolarbear1, Aug 11, 2012.

1. The bear is often a great way of summing something up. For example, say a thread called "Let us use xray!" was posted in the suggestion box. I personally think the no bear would be quite appropriate here since it's quite frankly a stupid idea/suggestion that goes against all of EMC's values.

However, I don't feel it's appropriate to use it on threads such as the recentlyish made minimods one. If the topic poster is going to take the time to explain and justify their idea, then I think you should take the time to explain/justify your answer.

So, I don't think the bear should be banned. At the end of the day, it's a picture. If you don't like it then you can just scroll past it and pretend it's not there. I've seen it used quite a few times for sensible reasons, and I'm fine with that. Often the people who get it posted are posting ideas that are audacious and far-fetched, and don't really put much thought into the post. I do, however think that in some contexts it can be a little rude to use it, but there's no real way of defining between the 2 in terms of bans.

(Jack, stop posting long things.)

Just seen this. Please do not accuse others in any way (wrongly or correctly) on the public forums. This seems like you're accusing him of using it too much.
  2. You...should be our prime minister, jack! You'd do a better job than David Cameron i'm sure :p

Just joking. You should be way up in the green team :)
  3. OMFG this was to stop the bear meme its gotten worse!!!!!!!
  4. So has poor grammar and abuse of exclamation marks, unfortunately.
  5. This is a game not a spelling test;)
  6. this isint a game its to stop using that meme!!!!!
  7. I mean Minecraft
  8. A website, is a game? Hmmm...

Also, it is appreciated if you use proper spelling and grammar for your own sake...Otherwise Maxarias will eat you.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  9. Not if I eat her first.

Anyway, Chris; I understand that you might not like people using the meme. However, as this thread has shown others have other opinions. Just because one person doesn't like something makes it banned. Try reading all the responses and compromising, your posts are coming across as quite rage-y. :)

You have a valid enough point, but people will respect it more if you explain yourself clearly.
    nick5013, AlexHallon and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. Uh Soul look above your post
  11. I knew people were sick of this meme
  12. Realllyy.jpg
  13. So you have a issue with the "How about no BEAR"
    How about another animal instead of a bear?
  14. no how about no memes its ANNOYING
  15. How about I make a pic of me with hands out, and add a caption?

How about yes!
  16. Na, I like the "how about no bear" it sums it up what you think then writing a essay about how you disagree on the current topic soooo
    how-about-no-bear.jpg
  17. Aint Over used Just very Usefull. :)
    Dwight5273 likes this.

18. Welcome to the internet.
    Qwerty189 and SpaceShuttleFan like this.
  19. This sounds a lot like a thread I posted less than a week ago. Good one guys.