Techy question (RESOLVED)

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by MageTrixx, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been at the hospital with my daughter for 3 days now, and it looks like it will be a few more days still.
    Well I am able to connect to the internet(obviously)but when i try to get on minecraft, it isnt letting me. Im guessing it is some sort of throttling or something of that nature from the hospital internet. Im not getting errors or anything, just shows no connectivity to MC servers. Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can circumvent this or go around it in any way? Other launchers, proxy(not good with those at all), ect..
    Tons of stress and it would be nice to unwind and play on the empire when i have some free time.
    Hope some of you techies out there have some ideas.. Thanx in advance for anyone who tries to help me out. Cheers!
  2. Maybe even if there is a way to alloctate more memory here or there. Maybe a launcher setting I can mess with..
  3. You could probably connect through a proxy, but you are going to get massive ping lag... try setting your DNS settings to googles

and see what happens.
    southpark347 likes this.
  4. I have this same problem when Im at school. I think maybe it could be that there are too many connections on the server within that hospital but I am no Tech Guy. Aikar will most likely be able to answer this.
  5. ISMOOCH, how would i go about doing that?
  6. It's probably because of the hospitial Internet Firewall
  7. and btw, im running windows 8.
  8. Speedtest.net results?

Also, maybe ask if they setup a firewall.
  9. This is semi off topic but are your daughter and/or yourself alright? What happened? Hope everything is alright.
  10. shes better now. She had a minor infection that lead to a reoccurring temp of 103. Shes doing alot better today and it looks like we will be headed home tomorrow. But thank you for the concern!
    607 and Olaf_C like this.
  11. And it does seem to be their firewall. Thanx for the replies but ill just wait till we get home to play on the empire again.

Any mod who sees this, feel free to lock or close the thread, thanx!
    607 and Olaf_C like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.