(Tech Help) removal of void fog

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by vividOptimism, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Is there anyone who actually pays after the trial is up? Lol:rolleyes:
  2. If anyone is patient enough to walk me through this please pm me. I downloaded 7-zip. optifine is still incompatible.
  3. i dont sudgest 7-zip i got a trogan virus from it
  4. I give up. I've played the regular version for this long, might as well keep at it. My blood pressure is too high.
    Thanks for trying though. Some people get computers, some don't.
    AlexChance and IronClad1017 like this.
  5. Alright, after some pending tutorials, I have finished.

First off, you need to locate your .minecraft folder. It can be found at %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/
    From there, head to /bin and locate your minecraft.jar
    You may benefit from a forced update prior to the steps following.
    You will need to download MODLoader and OptiFine. Click those words to reach the forum pages for the MODs. Upon downloading them to a location which you can easily access, move on to step 2:
    Right click on the zipped "ModLoader" file and open it with 7-Zip File Manager. There will be many .class files inside, but what's inside them isn't very important to installation. Just leave them intact for now.
    Just as you did with the ModLoader folder, open the minecraft.jar in a similar way with 7-Zip File Manager. There are many similar .class files inside here, also.
    Before moving any files into the minecraft.jar, delete the META file shown above. If you don't, you will be delivered a black screen upon launching minecraft. That's not the result we're looking for.
    Select all of the files inside the ModLoader zip, and drag them into the minecraft.jar. Selecting the files can be done quickly by clicking on the top file, then Shift+LClick on the bottom file.
    After some loading that should take less than a few seconds, click "Yes" then close the ModLoader 7-Zip window. We'll be dealing with OptiFine next.
    By now, you should know how to open the OptiFine folder with 7-Zip File Manager, so just refer to the image above.
    Move the files from the OptiFine 7-Zip folder to the minecraft.jar
    Then accept.
    If all goes well, you should now have OptiFine installed. :)
  6. just thought i would quote this.. for the funniness.
  7. The link i provided has the basic steps in it
  8. First you need to follow this video on how to install Optifine manually. It says it is for 1.2.5 but it will work with 1.3.2:

Then once you have done this open up your Minecraft and go to options:

Go to video settings and click on details. THIS WILL ONLY BE THERE IS OPTIFINE IS INSTALLED!

Then there is your depth/void fog off/on button:
  9. to unzip - me personally i use WinZip ... as for the VoidFog ... it might be similar to the rain and sky fog texture ... to reduce it from causing visual or noise effects ... i changed in the options the particals option in video settings ... and the (different from distance, mine is on far) ... also

the vignette effect might be a problem - texture, misc, vignette ... (vignette is shadows in the corner of your screen ... http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/244771-v13-remove-vignette-effect/

and... to remove both levels of void fog in texture - you can either remove surrounding files in texture (theres almost 200 in mine - would take to long) ... or you can download some mods (this particular one i have not tried yet, so be careful) http://www.gamersdl.com/minecraft-1-3-2-no-voidfog-no-dimming-mod/
  10. There we go! :D
  11. first off 7-zip doesnt have a virus, that's your fault for pirating/modding with unknown stuff, the same would happen with winrar.
    that's not it, that toggles all the surface fog, like when you have it on tiny, where the fog is only a few blocks away.
  12. I'd also like to warn turning off void fog allows you to see under lava perfectly clear.
  13. i thought that was what clear water did. maybe its a combo of both im not sure.