TEAMSPEAK SERVER - 24/7 - 150 slots - Not so official but still awesome!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by warchicken, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Justin's LLC is actually indeed for-profit, just read the homepage and see the section about Monetization.
  2. yeah, my doubt was in the fact if your income for the product is less than the running cost and you take a loss, if you could consider it non profit. Don't really know if Justin breaks even or not with EMC.
    I know with as expensive as these servers are and as many he keeps popping up, he surely is not making much profit if he is =P
  3. Well, the other supporters and I are trying our best to pitch in, haha. :D I hope he's not suffering too great a loss because of this server. :oops: Would be really sad if something this great was a burden on its owner.
  4. There's a difference between a company using teamspeak on the workfloor and this. Obviously.

And teamspeak causing keylogger alerts is the result of crappy internet security :)
  5. (Source)

Justin's LLC is a COMMERCIAL ENTITY that is in business to make a profit off of their business, which involves building a platform for games to run on. In fact, EMC is one of the leading projects done by Kalland Labs, so yes, he DOES need to pay out if he wishes to use Teamspeak. Mumble on the other hand, is Free and Open Source. For a For-Profit entity, which would be better in your opinion? Wouldn't it be better to cut costs wherever necessary (or possible)?
  6. I don't believe so...

The usual non profit vs commercial license is for "this set of people isn't making money anyways and can't afford to pay us, or this company is doing a good cause with its non profit org, so we'll give it to them free"

VS

"You are a company, you have ability to pay us, we want your money, don't be cheap"

EMC Falls under #2...

From the TS Pricing page:
    Non-Profit License (NPL) & Server Rentals

EMC Isn't a Non Profit Org, so the only other option under that license is to rent a server from the ATHP

Then:

Annual Activation License (AAL)
    Price
    For companies who utilize TeamSpeak but are not in the business of selling (renting) servers to others.

That's EMC... It's not much, but why pay when theirs a better alternative that's free? Mumble gives the ability to integrate right into the EMC platform. TS does not.

Using windows? ;)
  7. When did justin LLC became a GSP ?
  8. EMC is a GSP, see the Kalland Labs logo below?

Read the terms. EMC is owned and operated by Kalland Labs.
  9. Why do we have so many threads about ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak servers? I am sure Justin has said before he is looking into it, and why oh why bother to create a VOIP server when Justin will create one and that people would rather go to something which is hosted by EMC than by a player. Also a player his/her VOIP server can never be the official EMC server, as the player would have control over the server and even if you give access to the control to Justin you still have control to. So in that way you have more "power" than the other normal players (Supporter/Non supporter) which is unfair, I also have my own ventrilo server but I don't make threads about it that its for EMC because firstly it doesn't have enough slots and secondly because I do read the forums, and I have already seen Justin say it that hes looking into it :)
    kilmannan and alexschrod like this.
  10. heh this really turned into a discussion of mumble vs teamspeak XD
  11. Yeah, I was thinking that too. I also think that a lot of people won't want to use a player hosted one simply because it's not official. I'll wait for an official one, for instance.
    Dreamytje likes this.
  12. You are just like me :)
  13. well I have a dedicated server i'm running one on until then you can join us on as ill then shut that one down once we have an official one
  14. Ahh I did follow this thread before, but then it ended and today I got onto that website and I thought it wasn't posted before. Sorry my fault
  15. Ideally for stuff like this, a big, bold notice from EMC saying "We will get round to it, stop bringing it up" would be ideal as the last few weeks have seen quite a lot of these threads pop up.

Every one has been a good gesture well intended but may cause more harm than good.

Mumble is the way forward for the fact it, and running a server for it are all free.

Things like a large userbase or good interface mean nothing. Mumble has a good interface, is light on system resources and has great customisation and control options for intergrating it into another system.
    alexschrod likes this.